mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Loaded Stem, anyone using one?

The new stem from Loaded seems like a great value for the weight

Xlite Titanium Stem (90mm, 100mm, 110mm) :: Loaded USA

Any thoughts on their products? I have never used any of them.

but 100g stem for $100 seems like a great deal. That is for the 100mm length I am told so the 90mm is probably closer to 95g.

mtbr member
    Hmm.. Not sure about this one. Never tried anything Loaded, but...
    Being a (relatively?) new player I'd be a bit weary around lightweight stuff like that - not sure of the quality, longevity. Heck, I'd seriously question if the real life weight is within a few grams of the published figures.
    Look-wise - their graphics are waay overdone imo, and look kind of trying and cheesy. Again, just my opinion - I realize looks may not be that important to many.
    And lastly - 100 bucks is not exactly cheap for a stem from a new-ish company (please correct me if I'm wrong here).
    My money would go to (and did, actually) Syntace F109. Around 10g extra, but from a respected and proven company, and the price at Universal Cycles - 74 bucks. Hard to beat that.

mtbr member
    I may try one of those as well, was looking into byuing one earlier this year but found pics where a couple of people had cracked/broken carbon face plates on them. If the QC isn't on point and the edge distance of the corner bolts on the face plate are too small you can get cracks.

If you get it just make sure you follow torque specs and spot check it for stress fractures after your first couple rides.
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.

turtles make me hot
    I have their green ano aluminum stem. I'm no lightweight. I weigh about 255.
    It's been on my bike about a year with no issues.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Arek View Post
    My money would go to (and did, actually) Syntace F109. Around 10g extra, but from a respected and proven company.
    I was looking that the Syntace F109 as well. It is available from 60mm to 120mm length, and is super light.

I am thinking of replacing my Easton Haven 70mm stem on my AM rig by this Syntace F109 in 75 (or 60) mm. Any idea if the Syntace F109 would be good for all-mountain riding? I could not find any information on this.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I have the red ano with carbon faceplate it's 98g and I am 6'2 230lb geared up and I haven't had one issue in all my epic crashes or mediocre jumps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It is just a frigg'n stem!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogii View Post
    It is just a frigg'n stem!
    Just because you don't care about a topic why did you waste your time to tell the rest of us who do care that you don't?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Or you could save $80 and buy a Sette Edge at pricepoint for $19.99 with a claimed weight of 119 grams @80mm.