mtbr member
    Jan 2004

lite front D for 2 by 9

Just put on my ti 27 by 58mm ti rings from Mattias. Fantstic
    Now looking for new front D....braze on with band-28.6. Current set ups M970 (heavy) & Scahs quartz old sch but it works- 2 diff bikes. Must be top pull. Nino can you still do the little adjuster to convert from bottom to top pull?
    All dvice welcome

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I also want to mount a road FD on my bike. Have the change the cablerouting to the DownTube then. Would glueing cable stops on the DT be strong enough? Or do I have to pop them in the tube? (carbon DT).
    I'm thinking of glueing some stops on the DT, then make that the cablerouting for front and rear derailleur. And drilling a hole in the back of the Bottom Bracket to put the FD cable thrue. Because there is some kind of carbon big bracket thing down there that is difficult to go around with the cable.

What kind of frame do you have Conrad?
    If You want Plush, Buy a Couch...
    If you want to go Fast, Buy a 29er

mtbr member
    Easiest way would be to just buy or make a top pull adapter....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninko
    And drilling a hole in the back of the Bottom Bracket to put the FD cable thrue. Because there is some kind of carbon big bracket thing down there that is difficult to go around with the cable.

not the smartest thing to do to carbon but good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Two frames one KHS steel team - old sch (training bike) 28.6 seat tube other Sunn exact ti 31.8 seat tube.
    KHS running sachs quartz front D (8spd) with 35gram clamp......9spd grip shifters, just need a lighter clamp and or new D......dura ace about 88gms but have to add adaptor to get top pull. Nino had 1 in a previous post......& lite weight clamp too. Mattias said he could make 1 in ti that would be cool.....might wait for him. & order 2 40tooth ti 94mm if the wife lets me.....lol
    Sunn xtr 970 front D & shifters.
    Luv the 2 by 9....have used 29 coda & 30 salsa rings 27 just gives you 1 extra gear.....for those really steep climbs (bail out gear). Way cheaper than FRM cranks....etc