RML
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

lightweight 26.8 seatpost?

Are there any lightweight 26.8 seatposts? I don't consider the thomson elite to be lightweight. I have a Titec xc carbon. Maybe a U.S.E. 25.0 with a shim?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    All I know of that is light in that size is Extralite, Tune and USE. The Easton CT2 is available in that size but most people hate the clamp. I think the Extralite is the lightest you will find at about 182g for 360mm. Its a shame because the Thomson materpiece is available in 26.8 but its roadie short.

bikerpilot
    Resurrecting an old thread, I'm looking for a lighter 26.8 seatpost to replace the stock post on my 2007 Monocog 29er. I've looked at the 3 above (Extralite, Tune and USE) but can't find any of those in a 26.8 anymore. The Thomson Elite isn't long enough, I definitely need a 400mm. Also looked at KCNC but none in 26.8. Does anybody know of anything being currently produced in 26.8 x 400mm? The only thing I've really found is the Ritchey comp, but that's probably not really a light post.
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    I have looked as well for my cog.

This is all I have found.
    New Uno MTB Road Touring Bicycle Bike Carbon Fiber Seat Post 26 8 x 400mm | eBay

Let me know if you find anything because I am interested.

bikerpilot
    Looks like an option. I'd be wary of an unknown brand carbon post though. And also doesn't really look that light. I've never weighed the stock post to know how much weight there is to lose though.

Somebody else pointed me to this: Amazon.com: Thomson Elite Seatpost 26.8 x 410mm Black: Sports & Outdoors But I don't think it's a valid item because Thomson doesn't list a 26.8 x 410mm in their product range: Thomson | Elite Seatpost Series
    BMC FS01 29 X0
    Redline Monocog 29
    Jamis Supernova
    Rocky Mtn Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread, I'm looking for a lighter 26.8 seatpost to replace the stock post on my 2007 Monocog 29er. I've looked at the 3 above (Extralite, Tune and USE) but can't find any of those in a 26.8 anymore. The Thomson Elite isn't long enough, I definitely need a 400mm. Also looked at KCNC but none in 26.8. Does anybody know of anything being currently produced in 26.8 x 400mm? The only thing I've really found is the Ritchey comp, but that's probably not really a light post.
    Raceface used to make a few 26.8x400mm posts but not sure if they'd be light enough for your purposes.

ups and downs
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob View Post
    Raceface used to make a few 26.8x400mm posts but not sure if they'd be light enough for your purposes.
    Race Face has given up on 26.8mm posts, 27.2mm is the smallest now
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada