mtbr member
    Feb 2005

lightest aluminum flat bars

any help on this one-I do not trust carbon, I knw the thomson masterpieces are light sub 200grams
    thanks

the train keeps rollin
    Ritchey, Race Face, Answer, Syntace, Control Tech, KCNC, the list goes on and on.. Scadium flat bars are claimed to be in the 115-130 weight.. Most High End Aluminum bars weigh in around 130-150.. If you are running bar ends, you'll want to make sure they except them without reinforcement plugs, if they require plugs, add the plug weight to the bars for a true weight. The Ritchey WCS is one that's been around for a longtime and quite light..

For weights and make. http://weightweenies.starbike.com/li...=mtbhandlebars

Hack Racer
    I think the only race face aluminium bar the offer currently is their Deus flat bar at 145g. Only the raceface Next SL is 110g, the Next XC is 125g? I think.

Scandium bars... the only one I know of is the KCNC SC Bone at a claimed weight of 115g.

Another alternative is the Titec Pluto Ti at 110g. It's 100 bucks on avg and 110g.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    The Raceface Next SL is Carbon, (that the one I have) I dont know but i being using carbon handlerbar for years and never had any issues.... THe SL is 98g//