mtbr member
    Sep 2004

light ust/tubelss rims suggestions

i am looking for lightweight ust/tubeless rims/wheelset

so far, i only know of Mavic Crossmax SL, and Mavic XM819 rims.

are there any other rims/wheels available? im goin to use this on a lefty front fork for a Prophet. thanks.

mtbr member
    Stans No-Tubes rims.... They aren't UST but they are tubeless as such when you run rim tape. they are quiet abit lighter also.
    Cul is a regretted trademark of the CulBaire Co'op Pty Ltd, as are his random ramblings and associated bullshit.

EDR
    Crossmax enduros's.....don't know what they weigh but I was happy with mine. Sturdy and only have 24 spokes ( I think). Great for xc or even more...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=171049

Do a search ?? oh ya, then you would find your post from yesterday !

xm819+dt240+dtrevolution=lighter than crossmax sl???

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Looks like yesterday was Crossmax vs 819 and this post is "what else is out there".

I'd certainly like to hear what else is out there. I have 819 rims now and want something lighter but am feeling timid to pull the trigger on Stans Olympics.

mtbr member
    There is a major dearth of light UST rims out there. I can’t figure out why the manufacturers are not putting more effort into this.

The 819s are not very light in my opinion. The Crossmax’s are pretty light. Bontrager Race X Lite are another option but hard to get. You may have to find a Trek dealer who can order them for you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Stan's NoTubes is where it's at.

Stan's NoTubes rims is where it's at. Disc brakes- the Olympic rims seem to have satisfied riders... Rim Brakes- ZTR 355 ABT rims, can't beat it. both of the rims are really light and strong. Paired up with nice hubs(Tune/AmericanClassics) really light wheelset. When laced corrrectly with good spokes, the rims stay pretty true. Myself, ZTR355 rims lace with Wheelsmith spokes to Tune mig75/mag190 hubs. Can't complain about a set that's barely 1300gr that is used for training and XC racing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Bontrager Race X Lite tubeless

i have a set of Bontrager Race X Lite tubeless for sale. They were suppose to be a back up wheel set. Lightly used and in great shape. PM me for info and pic. asking price is $350... that's a deal. also have brand new Schwalbe Nobby Nic UST 2.1 tires. could make it an all in one package. these tires are still hard to find in the US.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    have had GREAT experience with DT Swiss 4.1d rims. In concert with the very robust DT Swiss-specific tubless conversion kit, it kicks butt. I have NEVER had an issue on either bike running them. I have run Schwalbe and Hutchinson UST tires with perfect results.

Lighter than the 819s. Not sure exactly how much the rim strips weighed in at but the rims themselves are about 90 grams a piece lighter than the 819s.

Members who have read this thread: 0