Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Light Platform Pedals

15K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  ScaryFatKidGT 
#1 ·
Looking for a nice set of light, sturdy, platform pedals. Looking for some other options. Thanks.

#2 ·
i think the mg1s mags are pretty light if you are looking for a dh style pedal, odyssey makes a plastic platform thats 7ozs each (sorry i dont do the gram thing im just visiting the ww forum lol) but its plastic, the bmxicans have been using the odysseys for awhile they dont hold up real well but you can just buy 4 pairs for the price lol

#3 ·
For what it's worth:

(advertised weights)
Wellgo MG1 with Titanium axle = 298 grams
Wellgo MG1 with steel axle = 376 grams

I have the regular version and enjoy them. The paint comes off when bashed into rocks, so it won't stay pretty forever, not that I care. My biggest complaint is that it's a thick pedal, so there's an increased chance of pedal strikes.

Still, really good pedals. If you shop around, the regular is $40 and the Ti axle version is $100.

#4 ·
Used the wellgo MG-1's. They magnesium and the weight is ok. True weight on mine was 432g but were listed as 376g.With shipping about $41 on ebay.Same pedal with titanium axle is claimed 278g and $105 same guy on ebay. I just went with the wellgo wr-1 ti. Rode the MG-1 for over a year and was amazed with the grip and love them. Only switched pedals to lower the weight on my bike. At first was alittle worried about the wr-1's. They are alittle small, but really light. Mine weighed 175g claimed weight is 168g so alittle closer in true weight. After riding them for 2 weeks now, I have to say that the grip is very good and the small size has not been noticeable...yet! I think if they increased the size of the cage 25% it would still be about 200g and a perfect size...just my opinion! The price was $103. I do mostly urban and xc so the wr-1's are good for now, but will keep the MG-1's just in case. So I hope that gives you a good option for a ligth wieght pedal. I did a lot of research before buying the MG-1's and for the price and weight it is the best I found. GL Z

#8 ·
Yep, those are the ones im running now! I like them, but a little worried about the spindle design. Two bearing...one located on the outer edge and one about half way, could be an issue with wear. Time will tell, great so far and extremely light with good grip!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.