mtbr member

light adjustable travel fork?

I've been looking for a light weight adjustable travel fork between 80 -100mm. The only one I've managed to find is the reba team u-turn. Anyone else have a recommendation (still a bit heavy)?

If I don't find anything, I'll probably stick to my original plan and go for an R7 platinum 100mm. I believe Anders weighed one recently, and it wasn't too far from the claimed weight.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    on the fly adjustable... i think the reba world cup is the lightest. I think you can internally adjust a R7

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by bhsavery
    on the fly adjustable... i think the reba world cup is the lightest. I think you can internally adjust a R7
    The R7 internals are specific to each travel setting. While you *might* be able to shorten a 100mm fork to 80mm of travel, you won't be able to extend an 80mm fork to 100mm of travel, according to Manitou. Given how they've done some internally-adjustable forks in the past, that sounds about right to me.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by angryasian
    The R7 internals are specific to each travel setting. While you *might* be able to shorten a 100mm fork to 80mm of travel, you won't be able to extend an 80mm fork to 100mm of travel, according to Manitou. Given how they've done some internally-adjustable forks in the past, that sounds about right to me.

Hmm...that's too bad. It would be a nice option to be able to change the fork's travel internally. I'm looking for a fork to perfrom during xc season at 80mm and have the ability to switch it to a more friendly trail riding setting of 100mm.

This big plan of mine is supposed to save me money - because I really want a new 'race bike', but just can't afford one. I figured if I just get adjustable componts, I should get the best of both worlds - and being very consious of weight, the options are limited. The Reba world cup could be an option.

My current frame, intense tracer, can be ajusted from 4 inch to 3 inch rear travel, adjustable chain stay length, and HA. It should be possible to race this bike with some success with the correct settings and component choices.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    thats what I meant... thought I read the R7 can go 100--> 80

Also I know the Fox 100X (not that light) can go 100-->80mm travel

Members who have read this thread: 0