Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    HTFU!
    Thanks for the heads up...just won a 'new' set on ebay for only $15!!! Set the bid and went for a ride, when I returned, BINGO!
    Looking forward to trying them out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I've just returned to mountain bikes from a very long layoff. I will probably be grabbing a set of bar ends, just doesn't seem right without them on the bars.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Alright bar ends, not sure how I feel about them but I am willing to give them a chance. However only because, I was recently watching a YouTube video specifically this one.

29er rigid single speed downhill mtn. biking with vizsla - YouTube

Link is safe I swear.
    Anyways this guy has got what looks like a T bar end. I like that and want to know if anyone else recognizes them or better yet, knows this guy. His dogs name is Gunner. Hit me up and let me know if you know what ends they are, really interested in buying them.
    Peace, J.

HTFU!
    Those look like my very first bar ends. Just google Cane Creek Bar Ends and you will find them. They are nice when you really want to get your weight back on a steep, loose climb by not forcing you to grip beyond your bar and also shift your weight behind your seat. Still, I eventually got ride of them after the 2nd time they banged into my knee. Don't know if it was the bar end or that I was still a newb but hey, they are still out there so they must work for some people.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by S.O.B. View Post
    Those look like my very first bar ends. Just google Cane Creek Bar Ends and you will find them. They are nice when you really want to get your weight back on a steep, loose climb by not forcing you to grip beyond your bar and also shift your weight behind your seat. Still, I eventually got ride of them after the 2nd time they banged into my knee. Don't know if it was the bar end or that I was still a newb but hey, they are still out there so they must work for some people.

Good luck.

Righteous man! Totally picking some up, I really think they could help me out a little. Thanks bro!
    Peace, J.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I really like my Scott AT-2 bars. Wish I had bought several back in the day.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    These will probably look better and be lighter.

Mountain Bike Bar Ends - Ritchey Mountain Bicycle Bar Ends

YES! I use the Ritchey WCS bar ends on all 3 of my mtb's. The $ to weight ratio is reasonable and they feel comfortable to me.

pedal pusher
    I'd suggest you stay away from Edge bar ends, or any re-brands. They're super light, but they don't tighten down enough to stay in place because the inside of the clamp isn't flat. Tighten them enough to hold, and you'll crack a carbon bar for sure, since the load isn't spread out. Or, you'll do what I did, and just strip them out, and render them useless.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I blame the demise of bar-ends on the rise of the downhill-optimized bike. If you push your bike up steep hills there's no need for bar-ends. If you want to push your limits of what can be ridden up, you'll want the extra leverage & hand position.

bike rider
    ^Close. The demise of tue bar end is due to the adoption of wider, more swept bars that provide better control at speed. However, it's not because people aren't riding them up steep climbs. It's because this bar shape makes bar ends stick too far out to the side and catch on brush and trees too much.
    Keep the Country country.

Rock and/or Roll
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    ^Close. The demise of tue bar end is due to the adoption of wider, more swept bars that provide better control at speed. However, it's not because people aren't riding them up steep climbs. It's because this bar shape makes bar ends stick too far out to the side and catch on brush and trees too much.
    I'd have to agree with that too. People use such wide bars now, that putting bar ends on them would have them hooking everything. Many also don't want to have that stretched out road rider position that bar ends will give you. I gave the wide bars/no bar ends option a try for a while, but prefer the 620mm bars with bar ends. I ride the road a lot, and prefer the laid-out position, and feel of the bar ends when climbing. It's like riding on the road brake hoods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2