Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    haha no spray can... i'll be using duplicolor automotive grade sandable primer, lacquer, and gloss clear paired with a basic compressed air spray gun. i've done a few in the past, and i'm certainly no expert, but i can handle a single color or a 2 to 3 color fade, as long as the fades are simple (not tube-length fades like in the klein linear fades). i will definitely get one resprayed by the real pros eventually, but not a post-trek frame. i personally think it would be sacrilege to get too fancy of a paint job on this particular frame, since it's post-trek and wasn't originally offered with special paint. when i have a more appropriate canvas for them to work with, i'll definitely have something wicked made for me. i really want an accurate frame/fork/mc1 done in horizon linear fade, but that's a discussion for the vrc forum. as "vrc" as this bike is turning out (i guess i'm just set in my ways/era), the primary goal for this bike is still low weight.
    Last edited by s4gobabygo; 12-18-2012 at 02:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Nice, make sure you post some pictures as you go.
    Live fast, Die young, Leave a good looking corpse!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i'll get some pictures up when the parts are all in and i'm ready to paint. i'm still waiting for a few more things to trickle in for this bike, and i'm busy putting the finishing touches on a breezer lightning i've been working on for a few months. that one will appear in the vrc forum very soon hopefully.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Any pics? Just curious. I have a Klein Pulse Comp that I bought new in '98 ('97 model) & I like to see what others are doing with their Kleins. It's funny, I can ride my Trek Fuel all over & never get a comment, but as soon as I bust out the old Klein people always notice it. Kind of like driving a classic muscle car or something.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i've been out traveling, but i'll try to snap a couple pics of what i have so far when i get home next. i won't know for sure til i get home, but i think most/all of the remaining parts should have arrived by now!! hows yours set up?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Mine is relatively stock, with the exception of wheels & tires. Oh & I replaced the fork last year with a Recon Silver. Now that I have a full suspension though, I want to turn the Klein into an urban assault bike. It's only a 15" frame & so light, it's such a difference getting on it after riding the FS.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    i'm getting home tonight, and will get some pictures up this week. I'LL BE STARTING A NEW THREAD IN THE VRC FORUM, as i think that's a more appropriate location for the build thread. ive made a couple more changes to the parts list, and its now almost entirely period-accurate, so its probably not a bike for the weight weenies forum anymore. i'll link to it here when i start the thread, so we can let this thread sink.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    this build is now located here, in the VRC forum.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Still looking for components, I'll see what I have if you update your want list. fastherbie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2