Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    ....
    Reputation: HellMuttCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    320

    Kish Ti Bike pron

    Here she is, it took a little longer then I expected, but it was worth the wait. It weighs right at 23 pounds as pictured. I coulda built it up lighter w/ a sid and other parts, still 23 pounds is light compared to the bike I was riding. I also posted it HERE in the Custom Builders forum with a build list. It rides niice




    for more info about Kish go to www.kishbike.com
    Last edited by HellMuttCracker; 01-06-2005 at 04:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Alright, let's ride!
    Reputation: LowCel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,472
    Beautiful bike!

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,997

    Master Kish from UBI?

    Nice to see a great frame with a solid build and set up.

  4. #4
    Get your freak on!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,698
    Very nice!

    Let us know how it rides

  5. #5
    ....
    Reputation: HellMuttCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    320
    Thanks the bike is great,

    The same guy from UBI (J. KISH) built my frame. He is a master welder expecially with Ti. This is my second Kish bike, my First is a steel road bike. The welds are single passed (I think) and are smooth, unlike most other frame builders I have seen who double pass their welds.

    Both my kish bikes fit perfect and ride like a dream. I am not going to need a new bike for a long time, unless I get a case of bike fever again.

    I asked Jim to build this bike like he built my friends new custom Kish, who used to race for Ibis, so the bike rides similar to a Ibis. It only took a month for the frame to be built and delivered to my LBS's door, then about another month and a half for me to pay for everything else. So far I am totally pleased with my new frame/build, and I think the best is yet to come.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 006_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,153
    Quote Originally Posted by HellMuttCracker
    Thanks the bike is great,

    The same guy from UBI (J. KISH) built my frame. He is a master welder expecially with Ti. This is my second Kish bike, my First is a steel road bike. The welds are single passed (I think) and are smooth, unlike most other frame builders I have seen who double pass their welds.

    Both my kish bikes fit perfect and ride like a dream. I am not going to need a new bike for a long time, unless I get a case of bike fever again.

    I asked Jim to build this bike like he built my friends new custom Kish, who used to race for Ibis, so the bike rides similar to a Ibis. It only took a month for the frame to be built and delivered to my LBS's door, then about another month and a half for me to pay for everything else. So far I am totally pleased with my new frame/build, and I think the best is yet to come.
    That is one good looking bike. Fantastic that it only took a month to get it all together.

  7. #7
    FTM
    FTM is offline
    ...
    Reputation: FTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    557

    nice looking bike

    I'm waiting on a steel road fixie from Jim... It's at the painters right now...
    The wait is killing me, gonna start building the wheels next week.

  8. #8
    ....
    Reputation: HellMuttCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by FTM
    I'm waiting on a steel road fixie from Jim... It's at the painters right now...
    The wait is killing me, gonna start building the wheels next week.

    What kind of steel? what color? My Kish road bike is made out of Zona and it's light for a steel frame.

    post pics when you get it plz... I'd like to see that

  9. #9
    FTM
    FTM is offline
    ...
    Reputation: FTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by HellMuttCracker
    What kind of steel? what color? My Kish road bike is made out of Zona and it's light for a steel frame.

    post pics when you get it plz... I'd like to see that
    I had him make it with Focus. I'm having it painted green with gold logo and then all silver components only black on the bike will be the tires. Not exactly sure of the shade of green, I gave Jim a ballpark for the shade and am letting him and his painter surprise me. I'm also getting a wound up fork from him and am having that painted as well. Jim also got me a good deal on a CK silver headset. Now I just have to get the rest of the stuff.

    I'll post pictures when I get the frame.
    ~Geoff

  10. #10
    nightriding is fun !
    Reputation: Big Bad Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    457
    Love the bike..pics might be sharper though.. is that a CK headset?
    Titanium or Bust !

  11. #11
    mainly roadie
    Reputation: cadence90's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    84

    Good job! Good job!

    Super...the bike looks really good! I'm glad you finally got it built up. I know it took you awhile, but the result speaks for itself. For those of us that wait for good things...

    ...Kish bikes are great. I have a ti road, am getting a ti hardtail and I'm glad other guys here also have his frames.
    The work is great, speedy, CUSTOM, and best of all JK is an excellent guy to work with.

    http://kishbike.com

  12. #12
    Team Captain
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,190
    And I just so happen to be wearing my black Kish shirt....

  13. #13
    ....
    Reputation: HellMuttCracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    320
    here's some outdoor pictures I took after cleaning it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Similar Threads

  1. Mountain bike jargon/ lingo
    By bstguitarist in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 12:02 PM
  2. Forks, Frames and Five Hundred Dollars.
    By AdamOn6thStreet in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 09:10 PM
  3. If you need to know this.
    By KevinVokeyJ24 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 08:40 AM
  4. Lance's Austin "29er" revealed
    By ncj01 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 08:14 PM
  5. New SS Ti 29er (and too long review)
    By lanpope in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 05:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •