mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Kenda Short Tracker 26x1.90"=425grams

I just got 2 Kenda Short Tracker 1.90" tires and they both weigh 425grams: claimed weight is 470grams.

I plan to use them in bone dry conditions on a marathon length xc race that has a fair bit of road and fire road climbing. If there is interest, I'll post a review after I used them in mid-June.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lazy People Suck
    I am curious as to how these tires roll. I received a team deal on Kenda tires this year and went with a Blue Groove Lite (439 grams) on the front and a Karma (440 grams) on the rear. While they have a minimal tread, the paddles down the center make me wonder how the rolling resistance would be. The Karma and Blue Groove seem to do very well for me.
    "Son, The world needs ditchdiggers, too"-Ted Knight, Caddyshack

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Someone mentioned that JT said Karma's roll faster than the bg lite, but the bg lites have more side bite. (edit* I just realized that I quoted something you wrote!) In general, I like the way bg lites hook up in corners, but they do give up abit in loose or dusty off camber turns. I find the karmas more all purpose that handle fast fire roads and double track better than the bg lite. If found the advantage of the BG lite in tight single track where cornering is fantastic. Honestly, I can't feel a difference in rolling resistance.

I don't want to stock too many tires (not good enough for a team deal) so I tend to keep riding the karmas for their versatility.

The 1.90 short trackers have less volume than the Karma/bg lite. Even as a weight weenie, I am thinking I would prefer the 2.1", atleast in the front. The paddles down the center would probably give more drive and braking bite, but it does appear to cloud the issue of reduced rolling restance.

I might have a chance to try them out this sunday if it remains fairly dry. I'll post some comments if I do use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fett
    I am curious as to how these tires roll. I received a team deal on Kenda tires this year and went with a Blue Groove Lite (439 grams) on the front and a Karma (440 grams) on the rear. While they have a minimal tread, the paddles down the center make me wonder how the rolling resistance would be. The Karma and Blue Groove seem to do very well for me.
    Last edited by GspotRider; 05-03-2005 at 08:26 PM.