mtbr member
    Sep 2009

KCNC Ti pro lite vs. Sc pro lite

I ride mostly XC and a little AM. 6'2 170lbs. I always watch the weight of things I put on my bike. Like the feel of a light bike.

I need a new seat post for my bike. I can't find much info about these KCNC posts as far as strength. I see one is slightly heavier. Is one stronger than the other? I see the different clamp styles. Is one clamp style better? I would think the sc pro lite would distribute the pressure a little better.

Even though I want a light seat post. I want one that is very reliable though. I would prefer to buy a product designed for my intentions. Any advice?

official eMpTyBRain

Break the bank, it's worth it!

If I were you, I would seriuosly consider a Thomson Masterpiece Seatpost. Very light and very strong! Not cheap, but certainly the best.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I'm 5'10" and 235 lbs. I used a KCNC SC Prolight for about 3 months on my hardtail which I used for XC on some rocky terrain. It held up well when I was using it. I like the fact that the tilt adjustability is very fine - but on the other hand - on steep descents I would sometimes hit the back of my saddle with my butt and on two occasions it tilted upwards with a loud "creak" - nothing major but I had to get down and readjust since the nose was poking my jewels. I have since moved on to a post with zero setback - but I had no major issues with the post (had to disassemble twice a month to quiet down a bit of noise though).

Three of my biking buddies use the Ti pro-light on their hardtails - their weights range from 140 to 160 lbs. I haven't heard them complain about their seatposts yet.

IMO the clamp of the SC prolight looks sturdier but then like I said - the others have had no major issues so far.

- HTH

mtbr member
    Both are pretty good, the SC has some offset and the Ti doesn't. The SC is going to be stronger and more durable because of it's saddle mounting style.

Let's ride SuperModerator
    I'm 155lbs and have the Ti pro. If I were you, I'd buy a Thom Masterpiece. If you ride your bike a lot and would rather have stuff work, get the Thom. If you really like the number on the scale, over the riding, then the Ti will be fine.
    AM riding wouldn't mix with this post. IMHO, AM riding should have some type of drop post.