mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Innolite Bars. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I found this website: Handlebar MR11

115g claimed for a 740mm wide bar with a 20mm rise. This is not a super narrow flat bar but the weight is close. For example the easton ec90 is only 5g lighter and 590mm flat. I'm looking at this to replace my easton haven carbon. I only weigh 54kg and they say its good for 120kg so it doesn't sound like I'll be pushing it even on my 150mm AM bike.

Anyway, I'd love to see some comments on this thing and a suggestion of where I might buy it. Their website only lists 3 shops that have working webpages and only one that seems to actually carry it (Innolite Styre, Rize MR11, 740/20) but it doesn't appear that they ship to the US.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

I just heard from Innolite that they are going to check how I can order these.

I'll keep you guys updated.

mtbr member
    That weight is amazing - I have off brand Hylix 660mm and those are 135g. It looks like one will be paying to get the low weight with that width.
    Looking forward to what you find out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Quote Originally Posted by brmeyer135 View Post
    That weight is amazing - I have off brand Hylix 660mm and those are 135g. It looks like one will be paying to get the low weight with that width.
    Looking forward to what you find out.
    Yeah I'm looking forward to it. Innolite has been pretty responsive but it will probably be a few weeks before I get them.

mtbr member
    Their warranty is garbage:
    http://innolite.blockweb.se/wp-conte...teWarranty.pdf

Extended terms regarding handlebars
     Failure due to use of handlebars (or other mounted devices) are not covered by warranty.

Warranty also says its intended use is xc or marathon.

ups and downs
    That's a hilarious warranty. That's like having a lifetime warranty that actually refers to the life of the handlebar.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Maromero
    My Schmolke 640 mm, 15 mm riser, not sure about the warranty, but certainly sounds better than Innolite's

"WARRANTY LOWRISER
    You have purchased a product Made in Germany, each and every handlebar is manufactured by hand and has passed
    a thorough
    final inspection. Ever since our first carbon fibre road bar came out in 1992 our products have been the benchmark for both weight
    and reliability.
    Our products have been tested and have received praise time and again. On top of that athletes have trusted us for their most
    important races. The Topeak-Ergon-Team with Wolfram Kurschat and Irina Kalentieva, and the
    Central Ghost Team with Sabine Spitz
    and Lisi Osl, as well as the M.I.G. Team
    ride our bars and seatposts. Sabine Spitz and Jan Frodeno won the Gold medal in the MTB
    and Triathlon races in Beijing 2008 using Schmolke products.
    Our bars are computer-designed composed of a custom-built fibre layering to meet your individual demands. We therefore
    consider our products strong and reliable enough to offer a free replacement warranty if our bars should fail due to a fault in
    material or manufacture within three years after the date of purchase."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Innolite Bars. Does anyone have any experience with them?-schmolke-riser.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Yeah their warranty is a joke. He said they are basically race only but as I only weigh 125lbs it would be fine for me for daily use. lol

I was looking at the MTB Lowriser TLO on the Schmolke site and it says up to 800mm which is nice. I only want like 710mm. How much do they cost? How long does it take to get them? Which Schmokle do you have? How long have you had them? Would you recommend them? Would you buy them again?

Thanks!

Maromero
    Quote Originally Posted by litany View Post
    How much do they cost? How long does it take to get them? Which Schmokle do you have? How long have you had them? Would you recommend them? Would you buy them again? Thanks!
    I got my TLO riser from Fairwheelbikes about a year ago, they had in stock, so it didn't take much time to get here.
    And yes, I would buy it again.
    It's paired with an Extralite stem and I use it only for XC on a Turner Flux.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Innolite Bars. Does anyone have any experience with them?-schmolke-bar.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by doccoraje View Post
    I got my TLO riser from Fairwheelbikes about a year ago, they had in stock, so it didn't take much time to get here.
    And yes, I would buy it again.
    It's paired with an Extralite stem and I use it only for XC on a Turner Flux.
    When you ride XC do you hit any small jumps? Like 3-4 feet in the air?

Maromero
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachua View Post
    When you ride XC do you hit any small jumps? Like 3-4 feet in the air?
    3-4 feet, small? too much for my age and style, 1 ft at the most for me.