mtbr member

I obtained a Becker Carbon saddle: my review

I scored a Becker Carbon Saddle of of ebay and it arrived today.
    Heres a pic:
    HPIM0643.JPG

no miles on it yet but in shorts it seems much more compliant than the Selle San Marco Aspide its replacing.

its 61 grams on my scale BTW.

mtbr member
    my becker/tune concorde is cooler, its yellow and black...too bad i cant get it to not move on my extralite post...

mtbr member
    dont worry greg, your duct tape plan will come through.

mtbr member
    how much do these go for? where can i find one?

mtbr member
    I found it on ebay after literally months. They are very hard to source. PM Dirt Boy or Nino and see if they have one? I wouldnt know where else to look.

My friend Greg (above) sourced his from posting a wanted add on weightweenies.starbike.com.

good luck.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mf9point8
    I found it on ebay after literally months. They are very hard to source. PM Dirt Boy or Nino and see if they have one? I wouldnt know where else to look.

My friend Greg (above) sourced his from posting a wanted add on weightweenies.starbike.com.

good luck.
    So, where's the review? It looks great! Did you get it new? For how much?

mtbr member
    I got it for about 1/2 of what it retails for. It was "mounted on a show bike" looked new. no scratches etc.

Review: I mounted it on my race hardtail, as you can see above. Im 156 lbs.
    Its stupid light... 61 grams. Its in my opinion more comfortable than the selle aspide it replaced. You can slide off the back of it very easily (which is great when you are going over a tall log or drop.)
    Problems.. didnt play nice with my extralite post. I had to grind out the T clamps to get the saddle to sit properly. Even so I needed to apply some toothpaste to the "rail" area to get it to not move or creek. Seems to be working much better now. I havent had an issue with it my last 2 races.

Theres a whole thread about them in the save some weight section. I think i made soem comments in there too.

mtbr member
    I must say . . . after putting some real miles on my second becker it seems like it is stiffer and a less comfy than my first one which happened to be a few grams lighter. However I'm using tires that are about 1.75 right now with pretty high pressure and that makes significant difference in feel. So far I've never used that butt butter stuff.

They say finding the perfect position is important and I haven't bothered to fiddle with minute adjustments. I used to have a lot of slipping and creaking too - used a little tooth paste (rather than TACX compound) and clamped it down to 6nm's. The latter is what really eliminated these problems.