mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I made the mistake of weighting my Fox 80RL..

after I got it back from Push. Let me first say that the fork handles much better now, after being pushed. The on and off platform it’s awesome.

I never realized how heavy the fork was, 1700 grams (3.75#). I would like to get a lighter one for my epic and I’ll put this one on my single speed, but which fork? Should I get a SID, Fox 80RLT or a Skareb? I weight about 150.

Trail rider and racer
    Sids are just rubbish.

Keep your Fox get a F80X on your Epic - it will suit it just fine.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by placilla
    after I got it back from Push. Let me first say that the fork handles much better now, after being pushed. The on and off platform it’s awesome.

What's "pushing" a fork?

The last time I checked, it applied to stalled vehicles ("Aw, I will fill her up tomorrow mah!"), kindergarten playground scuffles, and drug dealers in the hood...

Guess I must be getting old

-Lost81

Trail rider and racer
    Trev!

mtbr member

I never realized how heavy the fork was, 1700 grams (3.75#). I would like to get a lighter one for my epic and I’ll put this one on my single speed, but which fork? Should I get a SID, Fox 80RLT or a Skareb? I weight about 150.
    But you just said it: I never realized how heavy the fork was why change for a (help!!) SID? and the Fox or Skareb might save you 100 grrams ...

Glad to Be Alive
    pushed industries rules...they perform miracals on shocks and forks daily
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Tech geek and racerboy
    Feb 2004

My suggestion

I never realized how heavy the fork was, 1700 grams (3.75#). I would like to get a lighter one for my epic and I’ll put this one on my single speed, but which fork? Should I get a SID, Fox 80RLT or a Skareb? I weight about 150
    If you're planning on getting another high-end fork anyway, I suggest the FoxRLT- Manitou beefed up the skareb, so it's the same weight as the FoxF80RLT, and the fox is still stiffer and smoother. More expensive though, and at 150lbs myself, I've been satisfied with the stiffness of my own skareb, so either way you'll be happy. At any rate, if you're used to the fox, you'll not be satisfied with the SID, so don't go that rout.

HTF
    A hardtail is forever

Giant Anthem Rider

How does PUSH compare to Enduroseals?

I'm developing a small leak in my '04 80RLT and trying to decide on a service. Also, what is the on/off platform? Thanks.

Oh, my 80RLT is 1585gms with 7 1/4" steerer and star nut.

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbric
    I'm developing a small leak in my '04 80RLT and trying to decide on a service. Also, what is the on/off platform? Thanks.

Oh, my 80RLT is 1585gms with 7 1/4" steerer and star nut.
    They aren't really 'services'. Enduro seals offers new better quality seals for your bike(which it sounds like you may neeed...). Push will add a stable platform type feature to your shocks.

Where is the leak in your fork coming from? If it is the seal.. then get yourself some Enduro seals!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

On/Off Platform

My 80RL developed a leak in the left leg, so I decided to have Push Industries rebuilt it. They tuned the fork according to your weight and type of riding.

I also decided to have them add the platform feature and upgrade the rebound piston. The platform feature uses your lookout lever to turn it on and off. In the open (off) position the fork is fully active, so if you get up to pedal the fork will bob. In the locked (on) position the fork will stay locked until you hit something. The valve in the bottom, the right leg, adjusts the force needed to open the fork.

Check their web site www.pushindustries.com. They may not have the prices posted yet for fork rebuilds, so you would need to call them, like I had to do, and they well e-mail you the information and order sheet. The turn around, if they dont have any problems, is pretty fast.

I hope that answers you question.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    i wish Push could work their shenanigans on my SID! Their rear shock stuff is awesome

Giant Anthem Rider

How much was the platform upgrade?

The PUSH site just has the price for the regular service $129.

I was going to install Enduro seals, but may let the do the rebuild service plus the upgrade as you described.

mtbr member

how about a reba ?

adjustability comming out the yingyang. AND if you get the SL it weighs less than 3.5 lbs. All for about $340. PLUS 32mm stanchions, so if you're a fat b like me it adds a bit of confidence....

MK_
    carpe maana
    Isn't it the case that the platform you had installed adds about a quarter pound to the weight of the fork? Just like the FX80 is basically a F80FLT with platform and is 0.27lbs heavier (at least the 05 model).

_MK

mtbr member

Ouch!

I'm not a true weight weinie like others in this forum. I don't us a Tune SpeedNeedle - my saddle actually weighs like 290 grams so consider the source.

I'm not discouraging anyone from building ultralightweight beauties but my advice is....

Keep your great-working fork and enjoy it! Don't switch to a fork you wont like just to save 6 ounces! Don't ride tires you dont like just to save 70 grams!

My bike is fairly light but I had a gram-shaving epiphany the other day. I was stuffing something to mail in a tyvek Priority Mail envelope that felt pretty light. Lo and behold, when I stuck it on my postage scale it was OVER 1 pound. Bad news since I was expecting to pay $3.85 in postage but good news when you realize that a pound isn't SO much. It only seems like when you see it as FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY THREE ANCHOR-LIKE-PULLING-MY-BUTT-DOWN-BACK DOWN THE HILL grams.

You WILL notice the difference between suspension forks. 6-8 ounces though? Stick a few pieces of junk mail in you seatbag on your next ride and see if you notice a difference.