mtbr member
    Jan 2004

i have just recieved the schwalbe jimmy 2.1light tyres today and....

they are meant to be 495 grms but they actually weigh 450 grms! bonus!
    this is the schwalbe jimmy 2.1 orc light tyre, the knobs are about the same size as the conti explorer tyre but are a bit more spaced out and square in profile.

That's right....
    45 grams is quite a bit to be off by....are you sure your info is correct?

mtbr member

Me too

I bought a Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 which claimed 545g weight on the box but was 512g on my scale and someone here said they weighed one at 495g so schwalbe must be conservative in there weight claims. The two schwalbe tires I own are much smaller than claimed though so it's easy to see where the weight savings comes from.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

jersey i have digital scales the weight is correct but......

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey
    45 grams is quite a bit to be off by....are you sure your info is correct?

but i always put panaracer kevlar flataway tyre liners and use copydex glue to secure them on all my tyres and i rarely get punctures but this has increased the weight from 450 to 490 grms!
    i have noticed that the jimmy's do resemble the nokian nbx lites except the jimmy's have taller knobs and hopefully they will be better made than the nokians!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

mudtires on a diet

what do think about the jimmys in muddy condition? i am looking for a weight conscious tire for muddy races.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

cx&xc i'm only using the jimmy's for racing in wet weather and today

Quote Originally Posted by CX&XC
    what do think about the jimmys in muddy condition? i am looking for a weight conscious tire for muddy races.

was the last race of the season and i was testing out the michelins xcr 2.0 tyres,it hadnt rained for about 4 days but the clouds where very low on the mountains of the race course so everything was damp and i wished i was using the jimmy's!!

Maromero

lucky

Quote Originally Posted by marco
    they are meant to be 495 grms but they actually weigh 450 grms! bonus!
    this is the schwalbe jimmy 2.1 orc light tyre, the knobs are about the same size as the conti explorer tyre but are a bit more spaced out and square in profile.
    You are one lucky guy, I just came back from the Schwalbe distributor for Mexico (who happens to be located in GDL) weighted 10 Jimmys and they were around 515 gr, so, that is what I call real good luck. Cheers.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    i would not assume it was luck.......perhaps they were not designed properly. out of spec either way is not a good sign.

Members who have read this thread: 0