Thread: I feel good

Maromero

I feel good

I just came back from my ride at La Primavera where I tested my upgraded weight weenie rig. My Dean Duke received a facelift and liposution, I installed a Spinner Aeris Ti to replace the SID Race, weight reduction of 46 gr and it feels way solid. Also I "discarded" the CK headset for an Extralite Freehead and Durace chain for KMC XSL-10, rubber also swaping the trusty Conti Explorer-Escape for a light and also trusty Schwalbe Nobby Nic-Racing Ralph combo. Total weight savings of about 170 gr and the bike improved in handling (subjective). It's like Xmas in Feb. thanks DirtBoy.

ballbuster

Yeah, me too

Quote Originally Posted by doccoraje
    I just came back from my ride at La Primavera where I tested my upgraded weight weenie rig. My Dean Duke received a facelift and liposution, I installed a Spinner Aeris Ti to replace the SID Race, weight reduction of 46 gr and it feels way solid. Also I "discarded" the CK headset for an Extralite Freehead and Durace chain for KMC XSL-10, rubber also swaping the trusty Conti Explorer-Escape for a light and also trusty Schwalbe Nobby Nic-Racing Ralph combo. Total weight savings of about 170 gr and the bike improved in handling (subjective). It's like Xmas in Feb. thanks DirtBoy.
    I've been riding around a 26.5 lb Stumpjumper FSR-XC (at best, in racerboy mode with light tires) to a 23 lb budgetlight hardtail (and trying to drop more without spending stupid amounts of money on her) that I built up for racing buff racecourses.

I rode it around the Sea Otter Classic racecourse last weekend, and it was smoking. I'm a fairly large mammal at about 200# and basically a mid-pack beginner class racer. I managed to get around the couse going really frickin fast, especially in the climbs. Lock the fork out and grind up the roads in middle ring, sometimes the big ring. Holy crud! I've never done that before. I was smoking up the climbs, completely amazed. I was so used to hunkering down in granny gear and sitting and spinning up the long climbs. Now I'm standing on taller gears and moving. Woo Hoo! You should have seen the fat grin on my face!

I'm going to be (closer to) deadly this year!

Members who have read this thread: 0