Recovering couch patato

I bet most of you have never seen this before!!!

A buddy found this on a Dutch classifieds site, you can buy it for €82.50 or something.
    Brand is Recon, formerly very little known for alu and steel cassette's, as far as I can find on them.
    Count the cogs and teeth...

The add says the smaller is a 12t, I count 11t. Doesn't this thing have "one-ring-project" all over it? I wonder what the cable pull is, but I bet it's Shimano.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

mtbr member
    10sp 11-36? did I coun't right? what do I win?
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Ghost shift nightmare

I would love to have an extra speed but that thing would ghost shift real bad on a full suspension . Reallt tight indexing ......

locked - time out
    I've got a 10 speed cassette on the roadbike I bought last month - I'd never want to run one on an MTB - my der. hanger got tweaked in shipping, and if you think it's difficult to align a regular der. hanger, you should try aligning one that serves a 10 speed cassette - it's gotta be dead-on or the bike shifts whenever the wind gusts (very tight tolerances). I would'nt even want to consider it on an FS ride.

Recovering couch patato
    I guess that's where ESP derailers have an edge, with their 1:1 cable ration?

For some 3x9 riders, a 12/36 9spd would probably be more interesting, to get the extra low granny gear for long, steep climbing. Especially 29" riders feel that they miss their granny gear that's just gotten 10% tougher.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

Speed freak
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    I guess that's where ESP derailers have an edge, with their 1:1 cable ration?

For some 3x9 riders, a 12/36 9spd would probably be more interesting, to get the extra low granny gear for long, steep climbing. Especially 29" riders feel that they miss their granny gear that's just gotten 10% tougher.
    They make also lightweight road cassettes:

http://www.hi-techbikes.com/cgi/disp..._2004_Cassette

Have u seen these brakes?

Recon Stuff...

Screw indexing, how about a 1x10 11-36 system with 38T front ring and friction thumb shifters?

Where can I get one of these 10spd recon cassette?

Is it a true 10spd or a 9 +1 if you re-space your rear triangle?

Looks like they have shifting ramps too, sweet.