mtbr member

how do you cut and position your titec pork rinds?

I have just bought my first set of titecs and am trying to work out which is the best looking and more importantly, most comfortable way to position the grips?

I am running XO shorty shifters and want to cut the grips down?

Have you got a photo?

Thanks
    Ryan

mtbr member
    Sorry i cant b bothered getting a photo but i use x.o gripshift too, and just cut em down with a hacksaw then get them smooth with sandpaper, cut them down to around 90mm, thats what suits me anyway

lewis

mtbr member
    did you cut both ends of each grip? Also, where do place the titec symbol, ie, where do you find the flat and rounder parts of the grip more comfortable?

mtbr member
    Oops, forgot to ask.... should i use hair spray, water, glue etc when putting them on?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions!

mtbr member
    hey dude, dont worry about asking all the questions im glad im a use on this forum, definetly use hairspray, schwartscof extra care works a treat, but seriously hair spray is the go, just make sure theyre in the right pozzie before you let em dry, i just cut one side, u know how one side has squareish edges and the other roundish? ive got mine on roundish but im sure it doesnt matter. The part on the actual grip which is more rounded, is the part u will want ur palm resting on, so it should be facing around about 45 degrees, mines not right but theyre even, and ive got used to it so yeh its all good.

Hav fun with these,

Lewis

Category Winner

Hairspray?

I used to use hairspray years ago. When it gets too saturated in loosens up and then "THWOOMP" the grip comes off in your hand. Use 3M 77 spray on adhesive. I have been using the same can for years. Don't worry, the grips peel off when you need to replace them. I wondered if they would come off in messy chunks, but it was very clean.
    3M 77 probably doesn't cost much more than a can of hairspray and will last for years.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

mtbr member
    I used hairspray to get them on. After one season I think it's time to go back to a more comfortable pair of grips. And I had a saweeet pair of Salsa Hot Pepper Grips I got rid of.

mtbr member
    I used hairspray to get them on. After one season I think it's time to go back to a more comfortable pair of grips. And I had a saweeet pair of Salsa Hot Peper Grips I got rid of.

Category Winner

I should add...

I used to use Titec PR's exclusively. I ride a full rigid SS now, and I am now running WCS grips. Slightly heavier, way more comfortable, and still installed with 3M 77 adhesive.
    WWW.TEAMDICKY.COM

I get paid 3 every time I post on MTBR.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan123
    I have just bought my first set of titecs and am trying to work out which is the best looking and more importantly, most comfortable way to position the grips?

I am running XO shorty shifters and want to cut the grips down?

Have you got a photo?

Thanks
    Ryan
    I tried Pork Rinds once. I cut them off the bar, then positioned them in the trash can. They were way too firm for my taste, and I like Ritchey WCS foamies much better (in case you find the Titecs too hard too). Maybe you'll like yours better.

WD40 actually works great as a grip adhesive. I was pretty skeptical until I tried it. It kind of melts the grip onto the bar, and sets up much more quickly than hairspray.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I cut off about 3 cm on the inside, put them on with White Rain Extra Hold hair spray, going on 5 years with the can. Been using Hairspray for about 10 years now. Seems to work.

So far I really like these grips, cheap, lite and comfortable for me.

Shane