Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27

    HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.

    I am relatively new to the WW world and have been trying to get a light weight FS bike for a while.

    I started out a year and a half ago with a 2008 Specialized FSR XC expert and it weighed 29.85lbs. Sold that and bought a medium 2009 Pivot mach 4 XT/XO group this past nov, 3X9. Lots of steep long climbs here in the pacific northwest so I am sticking with 3X9.

    The components are as listed.

    Fox RP23 rear shock (stock w/frame)

    XG-999 11-32 cassette (cant get any lighter for a 3X9 setup)
    Deore XT crank (stock)
    Forte’ carve SPD pedals (295g actual/pair)
    Sram XO black box rear derailuer
    XT front derailuer
    Shimano XTR M980 chain.
    Nobby nick 2.1 tires (490g listed weight ,on their way)
    Panaracer fireXCpro on the bike ATT (at this time) 616g and 626g actual weight
    Stans 26” crest wheel set (1440g) running tubeless
    Alligator wind cutter rotors (185g/pair actual not including hardware, 160mm)

    Woodman Gator-SL Ti MTB Q/R wheel skewer set, blue (60g set). On their way.

    Fox float-100 RLC forks (stock)
    FSA carbon stem
    Truvativ Noir World Cup Riser Bar
    Sram XO carbon shifters
    Some kind of light weight grips with specialized locking ring (85g total actual weight)
    Truvativ team carbon seat post (225g listed)
    Origin 8 saddle (240g actual). Will be replaced with;

    SELLE ITALIA SLR XP VANOX Rail Flow (on its way, 180g list)

    The bike weighed 26.21 lbs before upgrading from crank bros cobalt xc wheelset (1540g), nobby nick tires vs pana, XG-999 cassette vice SRAM PG 990 (330g), alligator rotors, Ti skewers vice stock CB skewers, sella saddle vice origin 8, forte carve pedals vice shimano SPD 540, some kind of chain vice XTR chain and I had all the brake cables and shifter cables shortened due to excessive length.

    I will weigh my bike once I get the tires, saddle and skewers in and installed. I figure It will be around 25lbs then. SOOOOOO, I am wondering how the hell are some of you cats dropping 5-7lbs more off your bikes????

    For cheap weight savings, what about replacing bolts with Ti. I know I can get rotor bolts for $15 delivered but what else? Just finished spending $1300 the past several weeks so I am trying to keep things affordable ATT.

    I know the mach 4 frame is not a light weight but I love the efficiency of the DW suspension. I know I could save 200g getting race face crank, save 1lb getting Magura Durin race forks, Stans podium wheelset etc but still. Some of the weights I have seen for FS bikes are amazing.

    So what is on your rig? Pics please. Thanks!!!
    Pic of mach 4 is old. Will post new pic when all components are installed
    (week or 2 from now)



    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-img_4246.jpg  

    HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-img_5367.jpg  

    2009 Mach 4 XT/XO group. Some carbon upgrades w/crank bros. cobalt wheel set.

  2. #2
    Always Learning
    Reputation: BruceBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by gks333 View Post
    I am relatively new to the WW world and have been trying to get a light weight FS bike for a while.

    I started out a year and a half ago with a 2008 Specialized FSR XC expert and it weighed 29.85lbs. Sold that and bought a medium 2009 Pivot mach 4 XT/XO group this past nov, 3X9. Lots of steep long climbs here in the pacific northwest so I am sticking with 3X9.

    The components are as listed.

    Fox RP23 rear shock (stock w/frame)

    XG-999 11-32 cassette (cant get any lighter for a 3X9 setup)
    Deore XT crank (stock)
    Forte’ carve SPD pedals (295g actual/pair)
    Sram XO black box rear derailuer
    XT front derailuer
    Shimano XTR M980 chain.
    Nobby nick 2.1 tires (490g listed weight ,on their way)
    Panaracer fireXCpro on the bike ATT (at this time) 616g and 626g actual weight
    Stans 26” crest wheel set (1440g) running tubeless
    Alligator wind cutter rotors (185g/pair actual not including hardware, 160mm)

    Woodman Gator-SL Ti MTB Q/R wheel skewer set, blue (60g set). On their way.

    Fox float-100 RLC forks (stock)
    FSA carbon stem
    Truvativ Noir World Cup Riser Bar
    Sram XO carbon shifters
    Some kind of light weight grips with specialized locking ring (85g total actual weight)
    Truvativ team carbon seat post (225g listed)
    Origin 8 saddle (240g actual). Will be replaced with;

    SELLE ITALIA SLR XP VANOX Rail Flow (on its way, 180g list)

    The bike weighed 26.21 lbs before upgrading from crank bros cobalt xc wheelset (1540g), nobby nick tires vs pana, XG-999 cassette vice SRAM PG 990 (330g), alligator rotors, Ti skewers vice stock CB skewers, sella saddle vice origin 8, forte carve pedals vice shimano SPD 540, some kind of chain vice XTR chain and I had all the brake cables and shifter cables shortened due to excessive length.

    I will weigh my bike once I get the tires, saddle and skewers in and installed. I figure It will be around 25lbs then. SOOOOOO, I am wondering how the hell are some of you cats dropping 5-7lbs more off your bikes????

    For cheap weight savings, what about replacing bolts with Ti. I know I can get rotor bolts for $15 delivered but what else? Just finished spending $1300 the past several weeks so I am trying to keep things affordable ATT.

    I know the mach 4 frame is not a light weight but I love the efficiency of the DW suspension. I know I could save 200g getting race face crank, save 1lb getting Magura Durin race forks, Stans podium wheelset etc but still. Some of the weights I have seen for FS bikes are amazing.

    So what is on your rig? Pics please. Thanks!!!
    Pic of mach 4 is old. Will post new pic when all components are installed
    (week or 2 from now)



    Take a look at the high end light weight fully bikes from Specialized, Scott, etc... to see what they spec for components and wheels. You'll find your answer there on what it takes to go sub 25. And it costs $$$$.

    2013 Specialized Mountain Bikes ? Complete Overview & Actual Weights - Bike Rumor

    First Look: 650b and 29? 2013 Scott Genius - Bike Rumor

    Bikes: Mountain: Full Suspension - BikeRadar

    Pro Bike: Kulhavy's Specialized S-Works Epic - BikeRadar

    Pro Bike: Kulhavy's Specialized S-Works Epic | Cyclingnews.com

    SRAM's Jaroslav Kulhavy and Brandon Semenuk Bikes @ Interbike 2012 - YouTube

    My Size XL Jet 9 29"er at 24.42 pounds...

    JET is ready to roll...

    JET 9 Lite

    Goes over 25 pounds with my current tires - Ikon 2.35 up front and 2.2 in the rear - in spite of the lighter carbon Roval wheels. But the tires pictured above - Maxxlites 29 - are super light and only for the buff courses.

    Bike with the Ikons this season and weighing 25 and change.

    JETwithTwoIkons

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    27
    WOW!!! Thanks for the links. Man, a 21ln FS 29er...just amazing. Your bike is amazing as well. The fact that it is a XL FS 29er weighing in at 25lbs is nice as well.

    I dont deserve world class MTB's like Kulhavy's nor does my wallet deserve such punishment.

    Thanks again for the reply, links and the pics
    2009 Mach 4 XT/XO group. Some carbon upgrades w/crank bros. cobalt wheel set.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073
    I've made a few modifications to my 2011 Epic, size Large - many of them for bike fit reasons.

    The frame and wheelset help a lot here - I'm down to 21.42 lbs, or 9.71 kg.

    Changes from stock are:

    -Ebay carbon saddle (110g)
    -Widgit 1X10 crank (32T, 127g - unsure of weight savings over stock 2X10 SRAM XX setup)
    -Easton EC90 seatpost (200g vs 270g for stock S-Works single-bolt post, changed for fit reasons)
    -Easton EC90 SL bar (139g vs 147 for the stock S-Works bar, changed for fit reasons)
    -Ritchey WCS stem (112g for 90mm, vs 124 for stock Syntace, changed for fit reasons)
    -Kettle carbon ceramic rotors (95g vs 231g for SRAM rotors)
    -ESI Chunky grips (56g vs 104g for Specialized stock Rocca grips)
    -DT Swiss RWS skewer (43g vs 53g stock skewer, changed for ease of removal reasons)
    -Cane Creek AER headset cover (with series 40 bearing for MTB use - marginal savings over stock FSA headset, but better bearing)

    Also moved to Crank Bros Ti pedals (with Ti black end caps - hate the gold), XTR brakes (found the XX WC finicky and hate DOT fluid) and replaced the chain with the KMCX10 SL for wear reasons. Don't have weight deltas for these - I think I probably gained weight with the XTRs, but it's worth it.

    I'm still waiting on my rear carbon rotor, so the bike will shed another 40g or so.

    Hope that gives you some ideas.


    HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-img_7422.jpgHEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-img_7427.jpgHEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-img_7428.jpgHEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-img_7429.jpgHEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-img_7431.jpg

  5. #5
    What It Be ?
    Reputation: ChrisJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    889
    How those carbon rotors working out for you? Don't think the weight savings is worth the risk. You get a rock up in there and your brake is gone.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073
    You make a great point. There are a couple of threads on the carbon rotors right now, and the big issue is a lack of braking power. So far I don't have a real issue, but I'm only running the front one for now, and I haven't yet tested on any big grades. Apparently using carbon pads (not yet available) help quite a bit.

    But yeah, I did wonder how it would handle a side hit on a rock. Shatter? That would hurt the wallet.

  7. #7
    Always Learning
    Reputation: BruceBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,978
    Nice looking bike!!

    What's your rear cassette? 11-36? How do you like your gearing for XC racing?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073
    Thx. Yep, SRAM XG-1099, 11-36. I don't miss anything on the low end for climbs - the ratios with the 32T up front are just about right for me.

    If I'm on pavement (with a bit of downhill, he-he), I'll top out on the high end, but it's not a factor for singletrack. I should have mentioned to the OP that going to a 1X setup is a great way to shed some weight (drop the shifter, FD, a ring), and I don't miss 2X (or previously 3X) at all.

  9. #9
    Always Learning
    Reputation: BruceBrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,978
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Thx. Yep, SRAM XG-1099, 11-36. I don't miss anything on the low end for climbs - the ratios with the 32T up front are just about right for me.

    If I'm on pavement (with a bit of downhill, he-he), I'll top out on the high end, but it's not a factor for singletrack. I should have mentioned to the OP that going to a 1X setup is a great way to shed some weight (drop the shifter, FD, a ring), and I don't miss 2X (or previously 3X) at all.
    I'm contemplating going 1 X __ on one of my bikes with the Widgit. Have been contemplating for quite some time. I pretty much keep it on the 30T with a 11-34 cassette (very similar to your set up with 32 and 11-36). Even more weight savings, I could go to the 28T Widgit and use the fancy SRAM 11-32 9 speed cassette that weighs only 175g. Again, same gear as you on the granny side of things with a 28 X 32 rear cog, but I would lose the same gain ration that you have for the 32 x 11T cog. As you said, not a big deal on singletrack. But on pavement or gravel descents - I would be spun out.

    I'd save 134g for the front derailleur, 99g for a shifter, cable and housing (whatever that is for a FD run?), and the swap to a Widgit would only net me a loss of 20g from the current triple rings I have on the bike. So 253g + cable/housing weight, a bit shorter chain, and most likely a bit (10g) by going to a short cage derailleur.

    My guess for my bike would be a weight loss of .64 pounds (293g or so). Another 49g if I went with the 9 speed 11-32 SRAM weight weenie cassette which would be 3/4's of a pound total weight loss (342g).

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073

    .

    With 1X, you'll also like the simplicity. Just one shifter to futz with.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7

    2007 ellsworth truth

    Frame: 2007 Ellsworth Truth
    Fork: 2009 Fox F120
    Handle Bar: 2008 FSA carbon
    Stem: 90mm KCNC scandium (not in pic)
    Grips: Peaty Grips (going Esi soon)
    Shifter: XO 9speed
    Saddle: selle italia SL
    Seat post: KCNC scandium
    Cassette: PG990
    Chain: KMC x9
    Brakes: Hygia Elite (going R1 soon)
    Crank: Truvativ noir w/ E13 34T chainring
    Pedals: Exustar PM25
    Chainguide: MRP 1x
    Wheelset: ZTR Crest/dtswiss revo/Hope pro2
    Tires: Rocket Ron 2.1
    Weight: 23.36lb or 10.6kg

    HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-8644372152_edfa7d4d1f_c.jpg

    HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-8643278837_332ab21039_c.jpg

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    502
    I have a somewhat similar bike to yours I suppose. I have a Pivot Mach 5.7c that is
    24lbs 5oz (24.31lbs) as I ride it every day (no light weight parts only for weighing, nothing missing except my garmin, includes garmin mount, crank boots, frame protection, pedals, air in tires etc. so I could easily get it below 24lbs if I wanted to show it off as a light bike.

    This is what groupset I am running.
    Sram Quarq mtb crank (26-39) I wanted a power meter for training and because I think its fun, the race face crank is lighter but this is the lightest option I think to get a power meter
    XTR shifters
    XTR Shadow Plus rear derailleur (if you are looking at a non-clutch type derailleur you are insane, the weight penalty is totally worth it)
    XTR FDM986D6A Front Derailleur
    XX Cassette 11-36
    Stock XTR cables and housing
    KMC x10sl chain because that's what was in stock at the time.
    Race Face crank boots, super duper 100% necessary for me, while they keep the cranks from getting messed up if they hit the ground it basically gives me a ton of piece of mind knowing they are there

    Rest of bike:
    2013 Pivot Mach 5.7c Large with stock Fox CTD shock
    2011 Fox 32 Talas Fit 150mm 15qr tapered kashima
    Light bicycle wider carbon rims
    Sapim CX ray spokes (straight pull front j-bend rear) and Sapim polyax nipples
    Extralite 15qr hyperfont hub
    DT 240s centerlock 12mm rear with 36pt upgrade
    Schwable tubes because I'm lazy
    Roval tubeless rim Tape
    Continental Race King 2.2 Race Sport tires
    R1 Brakes with R1 rotor front XX rotor rear
    KCNC QR seatpost collar
    Thomson elite straight seatpost
    Selle Italia Kit Carbonio Flow
    Thomson elite 100mm stem
    Extralite grips and bar plugs
    Easton Haven Carbon bars
    Helicopter tape
    Some spacers I got from the bike co.
    garmin mount
    Stock fox 15 qr skewer
    DT through axle that came with the frame

    As you can see its not even a light build and its still under 25lbs. Lots of parts could be lighter but this bike is what I wanted and I saved a bunch of money on some stuff. I also don't have any light weight bolts.

    A lot of the people with bikes that are like 7lbs lighter are just extreme ww, probably not the ideal bike to ride in the real world.
    Last edited by litany; 04-24-2013 at 08:01 PM.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073
    Nice bike! I run the Race Face crank boots too - forgot to mention. Agreed, they offer peace of mind.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ramjm_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    818
    One of the last Ti Niotas made. Adjustable 4"/5" travel runnig 650b/26 at the moment. About 24.2 lbs. Niota650side.jpg

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    99
    Hello,

    Here is my contribution. Hope it helps.

    Frame : Specialized Epic M5 2007 Marathon
    Fork : Rock shox Sid Race 2009 - Mo Co Removed
    Headset : Union
    Topcap : Woodman Carbon
    Spacer : Soul Kozak
    Stem : Syntace F109 100mm 6Ί
    Handlebar : New Ultimate Aluminum Flat Bar Scadium 580mmx31,8mm
    Grips : Extralite Ultragrip
    Seat Clamp : FRM SC35 Ti. 34,9mm
    Seatpost : SCHMOLKE SL 30,9x430
    Saddle : Selle Italia SLR Kit carbonio Flow
    Quick Releases : Controltech Race
    Hubs : Progress Turbine Ultra
    Spokes : Sapim Lazer
    Rims : No Tubes ZTR Podium MMX
    Tubelesskit : No Tubes
    Front Tire : Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.1 EVO
    Rear Tire : Kenda SB8 1.95
    BB : Shimano XT
    Cranks : Shimano XTR M960, cut for 2 plates with Ti screws
    Chainrings : TA Specialites Chinook 24-38
    Pedals : CB Egg Beaters SL+Ti axel (ward Ind)
    Cassette : Shimano XT 11-32
    Chain : KMC X10SL 2013
    Shifters : Shimano XT without Display
    FD : Shimano Durace 7900 34.9 with ergal screw
    RD : Shimano XTR M971 GS + Tiso Jockey wheels
    Shift Cables : Alligator i-link
    Front Brake : Hope Race X2 + Matchmaker
    Rear Brake : Hope Race X2 + Matchmaker + KCNC PM-IS
    Front Disc : Hope Race 160mm
    Rear Disc : Hope Race 140mm

    Total weight = 9530gr or 21.01 Lb

    HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-epicmtb1.jpg

    HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-epicmtb2.jpg

    Best.
    X.
    Last edited by XMAN; 04-27-2013 at 03:29 PM. Reason: wrong info.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073

    ..

    Very nice. I've heard good things about the Schmolke seat posts. Looks very long (is it really 430mm)?

    Do you know the weight?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    243
    My current setup:



    Brake: (Front): – Formula R1 (black polished, carbon lever, carbon clamp) - 160.4g
    Brake: (Rear): – Formula R1 (black polished, carbon lever, carbon clamp) – 167.8g
    -Rotor: (Front): - Innolite Design 160mm – 46.8g
    -Rotor: (Rear): - Innolite Design 140mm - 38g
    -Rotor bolts: - 10xTi + 2xalu – 11.6g
    -Rear Adapter: (KCNC 140mm) + 2xalu m6x14 – 12.9g
    Caliper bolts: - 2xTi + 2xalu m6x16 – 10.3g
    Cables: - Shimano Di2 tuned(modified internal battery) - 82.8g
    Cassette: - 11-28 Shimano Dura Ace(Nino Ti tuned) - 163g
    Chain: - KMC X10 SL Gold (105 links) – 235.4g
    Crankset: - THM Clavicula MTB 2x10 (FRM Pro 40t, R2-bike 26t – 521.4g
    Derlr. (Front): - Shimano Di2(alu. bolts; Smud clamp) - 123.8g
    Derlr. (Rear): - Shimano Di2(alu. pivot bolt) - 213.9g
    Fork: - DT Swiss XRC 100 TwinShot(carbon cap) - 1146.6g
    Frame: – MSC Koncept Carbon M (DT Swiss XR damper, KCNC Radiant R1 headset bearings*, Ti/Alu. bolts, derr. Hanger, bikeshield protective foil) – 1567.9g
    Grips: – Extralite Ultragrips (Cut) – 13.2g
    Handlebar: - AX-Lightness Poseidon UD 25.4x580mm (Bar-end use) – 81.9g
    Pedals: - Crank Brothers Egg Beaters 4Ti (Ti springs, alu. nuts, plastic sleeves) – 146.9g
    Seat: - 0g
    Seatpost: - Berk Seat/Seatpost combo(31.6x350mm) - 137.8g
    Seatpost Clamp: - Smud Carbon SL – 4.8g
    Shifters: - Shimano/Cateye tuned - 19.8g
    Skewers: - Tune DC 16/17 – 35.4g
    Stem: - Syntace F99 75mm (Ti bolts) – 83.7g
    Headset: – KCNC Radiant R1 (Tune BuBu Cap) – 8.2g*
    Top-cap: - Soul Kozak Light-bike edition (Cut,hollow) – 3.7g
    Expander: – Extralite Ultrastar (polished) – 8.7g
    Tire (Front): - Tufo XC2 Plus - 462.6g
    Tire (Rear): - Tufo XC2 Plus - 468.4g
    Tubes: Glue ~~ 30g
    Wheel Front:
    -Hub: - Extralite HyperFront 28h 9mm - 79.4g
    -Rim: - Ax Lightness SRT CC 28h – 229.2g
    -Spokes: - Sapim Superspoke - 103.2g
    -Nipples: – Sapim alu. – 9.8g
    -Rim Tape: - 0g
    Wheel Rear:
    -Hub: - Extralite HyperRear 28h - 167.7g
    -Rim: - Ax Lightness SRT CC 28g - 229.4g
    -Spokes: - Sapim Superspoke - 106.8g
    -Nipples: - Dt - 9.8g
    -Rim Tape: - 0g
    -(Misc.) – Bar plugs, zip-ties, spacer, carbon paste – 10g

    Total: 6952.3g or about 15.4 lb.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073

    .

    Your seat seems very light at 0 grams.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    243
    Seat is one piece integrated with the seatpost at 138g.

    Chris.

  20. #20
    ups and downs
    Reputation: rockyuphill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    14,036
    2011 Rocky Mountain Element 70 MSL (Large) 22.8 pounds / 10.36kg

    Fox F120 Float tapered steer tube front fork
    FSA Ceramic bearing ZS42 top headset/ std 1.5" bearing ZS52 lower headset
    ENVE 30.9mm x 400mm setback seatpost
    ENVE 100mm stem
    ENVE 700mm flat bar
    Shimano Pro XCR grips
    Selle Italia SLR XC saddle
    Race Face Next carbon cranks (22/32/44)
    XTR 3x9 shifters
    XTR 11-34 cassette
    XTR RD-M971 rear derailleur
    XTR FD-M970 E type direct mount FD
    Shimano BB-92 press fit BB
    XTR M975 disc brakes
    Magura Storm SL 160mm rotors + DT Swiss CL adapters
    ENVE 26" XC clincher wheels with DT 240S CL 15mm front/ RWS thru axle rear
    Continental Race King 2.2 Supersonic tires
    Continental Lite tubes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-2011_1012new0003-001.jpg  

    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by krzysiekmz View Post
    Seat is one piece integrated with the seatpost at 138g.

    Chris.
    Sorry, should have read the line immediately below the seat. That's extremely light for both.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    99
    Hello,

    The SCHMOLKE is 430mm, is a costume size and weight 142,1gr.
    HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-schmolke-30-9-430.jpg

    The one I had before was a Thomson Masterpice with 350mm and it broke my old Epic frame in the clamp area because it was to short.

    Best.
    X.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by krzysiekmz View Post
    My current setup:



    Brake: (Front): – Formula R1 (black polished, carbon lever, carbon clamp) - 160.4g
    Brake: (Rear): – Formula R1 (black polished, carbon lever, carbon clamp) – 167.8g
    -Rotor: (Front): - Innolite Design 160mm – 46.8g
    -Rotor: (Rear): - Innolite Design 140mm - 38g
    -Rotor bolts: - 10xTi + 2xalu – 11.6g
    -Rear Adapter: (KCNC 140mm) + 2xalu m6x14 – 12.9g
    Caliper bolts: - 2xTi + 2xalu m6x16 – 10.3g
    Cables: - Shimano Di2 tuned(modified internal battery) - 82.8g
    Cassette: - 11-28 Shimano Dura Ace(Nino Ti tuned) - 163g
    Chain: - KMC X10 SL Gold (105 links) – 235.4g
    Crankset: - THM Clavicula MTB 2x10 (FRM Pro 40t, R2-bike 26t – 521.4g
    Derlr. (Front): - Shimano Di2(alu. bolts; Smud clamp) - 123.8g
    Derlr. (Rear): - Shimano Di2(alu. pivot bolt) - 213.9g
    Fork: - DT Swiss XRC 100 TwinShot(carbon cap) - 1146.6g
    Frame: – MSC Koncept Carbon M (DT Swiss XR damper, KCNC Radiant R1 headset bearings*, Ti/Alu. bolts, derr. Hanger, bikeshield protective foil) – 1567.9g
    Grips: – Extralite Ultragrips (Cut) – 13.2g
    Handlebar: - AX-Lightness Poseidon UD 25.4x580mm (Bar-end use) – 81.9g
    Pedals: - Crank Brothers Egg Beaters 4Ti (Ti springs, alu. nuts, plastic sleeves) – 146.9g
    Seat: - 0g
    Seatpost: - Berk Seat/Seatpost combo(31.6x350mm) - 137.8g
    Seatpost Clamp: - Smud Carbon SL – 4.8g
    Shifters: - Shimano/Cateye tuned - 19.8g
    Skewers: - Tune DC 16/17 – 35.4g
    Stem: - Syntace F99 75mm (Ti bolts) – 83.7g
    Headset: – KCNC Radiant R1 (Tune BuBu Cap) – 8.2g*
    Top-cap: - Soul Kozak Light-bike edition (Cut,hollow) – 3.7g
    Expander: – Extralite Ultrastar (polished) – 8.7g
    Tire (Front): - Tufo XC2 Plus - 462.6g
    Tire (Rear): - Tufo XC2 Plus - 468.4g
    Tubes: Glue ~~ 30g
    Wheel Front:
    -Hub: - Extralite HyperFront 28h 9mm - 79.4g
    -Rim: - Ax Lightness SRT CC 28h – 229.2g
    -Spokes: - Sapim Superspoke - 103.2g
    -Nipples: – Sapim alu. – 9.8g
    -Rim Tape: - 0g
    Wheel Rear:
    -Hub: - Extralite HyperRear 28h - 167.7g
    -Rim: - Ax Lightness SRT CC 28g - 229.4g
    -Spokes: - Sapim Superspoke - 106.8g
    -Nipples: - Dt - 9.8g
    -Rim Tape: - 0g
    -(Misc.) – Bar plugs, zip-ties, spacer, carbon paste – 10g

    Total: 6952.3g or about 15.4 lb.
    Do you think you could post a picture?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by FuelEX8guy View Post
    Do you think you could post a picture?
    I just happen to have a photo of krzysiekmz's bike. Looks a bit heavier than 15.4 lbs though:

    Name:  bike.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  49.4 KB

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    243
    Not the latest but that is what it was last year: changed wheels/tires/rotors since then.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HEY WW's. Could you post your FS bike and your groupset and components used.-20120901095144.jpg  


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help choosing groupset during wife's bike build
    By hadique in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 10:36 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 08:45 AM
  3. Need a fork - components x post
    By ScottN in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2012, 08:46 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •