Max
    Velodramatic

Good job! here my new/updated 7,8 kg ride

well here's my contribution: my custom made Marcuzzo hardtail that has been around for some time, but constantly been updated. Weighs a mere 7,8 kg speedplay frog Ti pedals included and equipped with real race tires (480 g per tire). Custom SID with 1.035 g, homemade carbon saddle, dura ace cassette, KCNC goodies (seatpost: 27,2 x 360 mm = 152 g!!!). Will replace the old 9.0 RD with a newer one that i drilled and dremelled out to make it look like an X.0. Will custom-paint it to matte-black and glossy white

also new: a 1.243 g AMC wheelset that cost me EUR 200,- slightly used
    i changed the original AMC MTB front hub to a micro road hub. The 3X spokes happened to have the same length when laced to the micro hub in a 2X pattern. i also drilled the rim bed (don't start whining, it holds up ). In case you might want to know how i drilled the rim: i made 3 x 9,5 mm holes between the spoke holes and drilled the spoke holes themselves as well. Of course only on the inside, i dont want any mud getting inside my wheels...

Skinny guys fight 'til they're burger

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    What kind of brakes are those?

banned

very nice indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by xcracer87
    What kind of brakes are those?
    those are FRM Brakes.

wow Max, i like the white. looks great. about the only part that hurts my eye is the rear derailleur. get a nice one there!!
    and i wouldn't call the rear Fast Fred a real race tire but other than that it looks great.

what did you do to the fork?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Very nice! I realy like the crankset, if I could find a new Next in 170mm I'd snap it up in a heart beat.

Max
    Velodramatic
    as i said, im currently tuning another RD, so the old 9.0 is nly a temporary solution. sitting at vienna airport waiting since my flight to geneva was cancelled. next one in 3 h

to be honest, i got around 20 tires at home and just mounted SOME so i wouldnt have t place the bike on the rims. owever, i've already won a local winter CX/MTB race with fastfreds. the course was all snow, ice and mud, still managed to be faster than the others. i guess in the end it all comes down to the rider and his riding skills.

BTW: the 7.800 g total weight is with explorer supersonic tires F+R (and pedals of course)

Max
    Velodramatic
    erm, and about the fork: '98 casting, carbon crown, dual air in left stanchions, '98 risse tuning damper for old judy forks (had to glue it into the threaded base plate since all internals before 1999 where clipped into the stanchions instead of threaded), double bushings for extra stiffness, XXL seals, alloy bolts, grinded drop outs. 1.035 g

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

really nice lokking bike max!

I am not one that likes white bikes, cars, etc. but that looks really nice!
    hey, some hate blue!

Nice solid build. You sould get a some GOLD chainring bolts and a KMC X9 SL GOLD to compliment those really sweet looking GOLD FRM Brakes.

What's the weight on the KCNC bar?

Enjoy!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

Max
    Velodramatic
    thanks DB! these ARE golden bolts, even from FRM and they still dont match their own brakes

the weight is around 110-115 g if i remember correctly. best bang for the buck

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

I did not notice them...

get some from Extralite. They will match way better!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Max
    thanks DB! these ARE golden bolts, even from FRM and they still dont match their own brakes

the weight is around 110-115 g if i remember correctly. best bang for the buck
    the 600mm width weighs 119g. a very nice bar indeed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's right....
    thats a very handsome looking bike. it so aggressive looking and i love all the white!

nice build!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nicely done. White on white MTBs are like hen's teeth, and white just looks light...until the first mud bath.

What's the frame weight? Scandium?

ALSCALPEL

very nice

very nice bike indeed! what impresses me the most though, is the homemade carbon saddle. did you actually make it or did you customize as exisinting one? doesn't look to comfy, especially on a hardtail.

SUBLIM8er
    Wow! NICE! I like a tastefull build and that is certainly it. Too bad they stopped making the Next LP, it's a great crank; I've got a white one too. Yours is the only other in white I've ever seen. BTW: Torontocycles has the KCMC bar for about 60 bucks or so, if I remember right. Nice work. Thanks for taking the time to show it off.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

Max
    Velodramatic
    hi, finally back home

- the frame's a Dedacciai U2 frameset, so it's some kind of alloy. it ain't THAT light at 1502 g, but on the other hand so incredibly stiff compared to lighter frames that i don't mind the weight.
    - the saddle is 100% custom made. From the first prototypes to the final saddle it's all made by my two hands. ok, not everything: i used Fizik carbon saddle rails for this one, but i now have my own mold for rails, which should be 15 -20 g lighter

Members who have read this thread: 0