How about some input and thoughts on rebuilding my El Mar Ti with new parts over this winter. Weight and reliability are my top two thoughts on any components that I install. I race throughout the Midwest on both normal XC courses and on rougher Endurance courses (Syllamo, Dakota 50).

I'm due for a new drivetrain and new wheelset this year so that is what the majority of this is about. Other components are open for discussion as well. Especially brakes.

Current:
2011 Salsa El Mariachi Ti (Lynskey built version)
2011 Reba w/remote lockout
Roval wheelset (2009?)
eThirteen crankset w/34t or 36t (depending on course)
pg990 cassette 11-34
Salsa ProMoto ti stem
Salsa carbon bar
Avid Elixir R brakes w/XX rotors
x9 Gripshift
x9 Rear der
Ritchey seatpost and Specialized seat (evo?)

Future changes:
Stans Race Gold or SRAM Rise 60 or Specialized Control 29 wheelset
XX1 in 36 or 38t and rest of that groupo
XX or XTR or Ashima brakes
New seatpost and saddle are due

Who has input on the wheelsets? Cost are all similar to each other, will the carbon ride quality be the deciding factor?

XX1, I like the 1x9 concept that I'm currently running and could go bigger on the front for more top and bottom end with the new XX1. I'd do XX if they had a 32/38 front ring combo.

Brakes, I want light and reliable. The fade that frequently shows up with the current Elixirs is frustrating.

Lastly, I'd consider upgrading the fork as well. The current lockout gets sticky sometimes. Maybe the new stuff is better. But that would likely be a 2015 upgrade.