mtbr member

Is this helmet lightweight?

I'm not going to replace my helmet but just for pure curiosity was wondering if this is heavy or light from a weight weenie standpoint.

Its a full face with HD video camera mounted. 890g

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    bro, are you going to use your skydive full face for mtb? i don't think it is a good idea - keep skydive gear for skydiving ofcourse, it gives perfect protection (my z1 saved my nose and teeth when ground hit me in low turn) but it is beter to use mtb gear for mtb.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k. View Post
    bro, are you going to use your skydive full face for mtb? i don't think it is a good idea - keep skydive gear for skydiving ofcourse, it gives perfect protection (my z1 saved my nose and teeth when ground hit me in low turn) but it is beter to use mtb gear for mtb.
    Yep, it a bonehead composites revolve. I bought a regular mtb helmet but then I started to have the urge to record sometimes so I just started wearing my wingsuit setup since I can't just throw the contour camera on the MTB helmet very easily. It's REALLY hot, but at least it's a revolve so I can just flip the face shield up. I agree about sport specific stuff, but the way I've got my contour attached I would have to buy a second camera! I used to just have it mounted regular but in one jump the camera got riped off by a riser slap and was just hanging by the lanyard!