mtbr member

Has anyone tried or even know where I can get a set of Serac XC Lite tires?

I have really come to love my IRC Serac tires and make a comment a while back that if IRC would come out with a "Lite" version of this tire I would really want to try it as a race tire. Low and behold I was just looking at the IRC site for some mud tires and see the following listing:
    IRC Serac XC Lite Folding 26 x 1.95 127 40 - 60 445g

I would love to buy a set of these tires but have the feeling they may not be easy to come buy. Anyone have any idea or a resource I could try and get a set?

Thanks,
    KMan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Not out yet..

According to my distributor.
    They will have some in 2 weeks!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

Bike-shop employee.
    Roland Green's tire of choice.
    Roland has raced on those for a couple of seasons. Looks like a really grippy tread. Hardly see them anywhere though, hard to find in shops, even wholesale suppliers rarely seem to have them.
    I think Norco might carry them if you live up here in Canada. Most shops have accounts with Norco and they could order you a set no prob esp. at this time of year.

6x7=Dont Panic!
    I was planning on getting the serrac xc's for my next tires because they have such amazing reviews. Any Idea what the life of the new lite version would be? I dont really race that often so it would be mostly for recreational use. Is it better just to get the regular version? Id prefer durability and longevity over weight, but if its not a matter fo a large amount of time then I'd like to save the extra weight. I have some super ehavy specialized tires on now and am looking forward to getting rid of them soon.
    Herro prease

Flying Gorilla
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT BOY
    According to my distributor.
    They will have some in 2 weeks!
    Any idea on a price?
    Friends don't let friends ride junk

Project Paragon

Happy Trails,
    Ellison

mtbr member

Get the regular version...

Since weight is not an issue definately get the regular version. The 2.1's are not really all that heavy @ about 550-575 grams.
    I think Cambria has them on sale for $19 right now, Performance as well or they will price match.

KMan

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra
    I was planning on getting the serrac xc's for my next tires because they have such amazing reviews. Any Idea what the life of the new lite version would be? I dont really race that often so it would be mostly for recreational use. Is it better just to get the regular version? Id prefer durability and longevity over weight, but if its not a matter fo a large amount of time then I'd like to save the extra weight. I have some super ehavy specialized tires on now and am looking forward to getting rid of them soon.

6x7=Dont Panic!
    Yah, I guess. Its either these or the racing ralphs depending on what info I can get on the wear of the schwables.
    Herro prease