mtbr member

Grip weights?? (non-foam)

Anyone know of a listing of the weight of different grips? I found this link but most of the grips listed are ancient. I know there are a lot more grip choices now.

I'm looking for alternates to my ODI Rouges. I tried ESI Chunkies but they aren't grippy enough for my liking. Anyone have any recommendations?

mtbr member
    That WW link is to the old listings, the newer version can be found here: fairwheelbikes.com • View topic - Weight Listings 2006 to Present

Come on, dare me!
    Toutes les pièces vélo de la categorie Grip sur le BikeSumo Vélo Vert You can find the actual weights of many parts on that site. Velo Vert is a french mag which release a special "parts and bikes weighted" edition each year. You can trust them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by henryl View Post
    Anyone know of a listing of the weight of different grips? I found this link but most of the grips listed are ancient. I know there are a lot more grip choices now.

I'm looking for alternates to my ODI Rouges. I tried ESI Chunkies but they aren't grippy enough for my liking. Anyone have any recommendations?
    What are you going for? usually grippy and lightweight dont go together
    Something wrong with your bike? Blame it on super human strength and sleep well at night knowing you are more than a man.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    i want to know the weight of Body Geometry Contour Xl Locking Grips
    can´t seem to find any weights of them at all anyone know where to find?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I think the Ergon EA-1 Evo grips are pretty "grippy". Obviously on the heavier side, but are lockon.

I use ESI chunky most of the time and never have issues.

mtbr member
    Any reason for non-foam? (This is a WW subforum after all.)

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Shimano Pro Race grips are really light for lock on. They were the lightest i could source, before buying lizard skin's new DSP mountain grip.

http://www.pro-bikegear.com/en-gb/ca...main/xcr-grips

Come on, dare me!
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyToast View Post
    Shimano Pro Race grips are really light for lock on. They were the lightest i could source, before buying lizard skin's new DSP mountain grip.

http://www.pro-bikegear.com/en-gb/ca...main/xcr-grips
    I have had the Pro and didn't like them. They're really too thin (29 mm diameter), which explains in part why they're (so) light. Even if I don't have big hands, I like grips in 32-33 mm size. IMO, theses grips must be reserved to small-handed people or dirt jump, where small diameter grips are favored.

backwoods and backwards
    I just got some Stella Azzura grips out of my "spares" box. I think I got them from chainlove at some point. Weighed in at 29g ( listed at 48g), are super grippy, and have almost no give to them.

Stella Azzurra Launch Lock on Grips Clear Black New | eBay
    Moonbeam's compost-powered hybrid generates a respectable 32 fruit flies per rotting banana peel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    see i have this problem with my hands, i have diabetes like millions over the world do but my hands get sore and i get numbness of holding on to a handlebar if the grips are round and hard which isn´t too comfortable so how do i get light grips that offers relief for my hands?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PekkaS-works View Post
    see i have this problem with my hands, i have diabetes like millions over the world do but my hands get sore and i get numbness of holding on to a handlebar if the grips are round and hard which isn´t too comfortable so how do i get light grips that offers relief for my hands?
    You might consider grips from Ergon or similar, that offer more palm contact. This allows for a relaxed grip in most riding conditions. The problem is that even the lightest of these (the GS1 in the case of Ergon) will be 146-155g.

ERGON BIKE ERGONOMICS

This type of shape is also a matter of taste - seems folks either love or hate 'em.

I have a pretty new pair of GS1s, but they're just not for me. Was trying to sell them, but if you're interested Pekka I'll send them to you for free, assuming shipping isn't crazy. PM me if interested.

backwoods and backwards
    Quote Originally Posted by PekkaS-works View Post
    so how do i get light grips that offers relief for my hands?
    You don't...you take care of your body and accept that you're bike is going to suffer a 100g penalty for preserving your health.

I have to wear medical compression stockings full time to deal with circulation problems...no matter how hot it is outside. They're not pretty, or comfy, but beat the hell out of open ulcers. We do what we have to.

Best K.
    Moonbeam's compost-powered hybrid generates a respectable 32 fruit flies per rotting banana peel.

Woz
    mtbr member
    Take a look at Lizard Skin DSP grips. They do a 30mm and 32mm both under 30 grams per pair. Not foam, at least not totally foam and they go on with an adhesive tape that keeps them put really well.