mtbr member

german forum crankset thread

I was googling "natec crankset" after reading the thread below about the previously mentioned crankset and came across this german forum thread. I don't read german, only make out a few simple words here and there but they have many pictures of some seriously interesting cranksets...

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=207851

The full carbon chainrings have got to be a joke. I've seen them a few times here and there, but c'mon, what are they good for, 2 or 3 shifts?

BM
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

mtbr member
    I enjoy the German mtb forums! Hawkpower and others reveal stuff before we see it here in America.

Some of those carbon rings are the kind that have ti teeth sandwiched and epoxied into carbon.

For me, the Carbon-Ti rings work quite well!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    whnat the hell is this ..... a full on lesson in conservative, neat, achingly beatiful design:

http://si6.mtb-news.de/fotos/data/50...73Goldtech.jpg

mtbr member

Carbon-Ti - Storck

My drive train after this mornings dew.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Morning dew, what's that? Dry as bone over here...

I could never see spending that kind of coin on something so disposable (like chainrings). I mean, maybe for a middle and granny, since ti rings will next to never wear out, as is reported by boone followers on this board, but my big ring often has to double as a bash ring. I ride right foot forward, and with my right foot forward, the bottom of my big ring after a couple months really starts flattenning out. $20 for a replacement FSA ring is easy to swallow.

BM
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

Members who have read this thread: 0