Thread: Funny write up

mtbr member

Funny write up

I just got a Beyond Bikes newsletter in my email and this was thier write up on the Turner Nitrous. I thought it was funny.

"Here's the 411 on the all-new Nitrous : Weight: 4.5 lbs.
    Travel: 3.1 inches.
    Maximum rider weight limit: 165lbs.
    Recommend Fork: Three inch Travel.

In other words, the Turner Nitrous is a cross country race machine. Turner built it so Team Maxxis Pro Geoff Kabush could kick the tar out of everybody on his way to winning both the NORBA Short Track and XC Elite Men's Championships. Indeed, Turner built the Nitrous to do exactly one thing: Help Geoff (And You) Win XC races. Preferably XC races shorter than 150 minutes. If your legs aren't shaved, your standing HR isn't under 40 b.p.m. and you don't know the different betweeen zone one and zone four training, the Turner Nitrous probably isn't your bike."
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

On your left.
    Jan 2004

that text is directly from the Turner Brochure

Nevertheless, I live near and occasionally shop at Beyond Bikes and I'd say they have good shop techs but the sales people are slimey - allthogh they have the nicest digital scale of any shop I've visited.

Quote Originally Posted by bmadau
    I just got a Beyond Bikes newsletter in my email and this was thier write up on the Turner Nitrous. I thought it was funny.

"Here's the 411 on the all-new Nitrous : Weight: 4.5 lbs.
    Travel: 3.1 inches.
    Maximum rider weight limit: 165lbs.
    Recommend Fork: Three inch Travel.

In other words, the Turner Nitrous is a cross country race machine. Turner built it so Team Maxxis Pro Geoff Kabush could kick the tar out of everybody on his way to winning both the NORBA Short Track and XC Elite Men's Championships. Indeed, Turner built the Nitrous to do exactly one thing: Help Geoff (And You) Win XC races. Preferably XC races shorter than 150 minutes. If your legs aren't shaved, your standing HR isn't under 40 b.p.m. and you don't know the different betweeen zone one and zone four training, the Turner Nitrous probably isn't your bike."
    M