Weight Maniac

FSA OS-99 Stem pics

Here are some low res stem pics. The FSA OS-99 90mm is 97 grams. I previously had the Bontrager Race X Lite, which claims 110 grams but was actually 137 with hardware. I think they must deviously weigh it without the cap and six steel M5 bolts. Bontrager is notorious for understating weights. Sorry about the pic quality but as least you can see it on an actual bike. Here is a link to the rest of the bike: Superfly Pics now posted....finally.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Are the bolts Ti or steel? That's realy light for an OS stem, even if they are Ti.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    That stubby stem might weigh that but I have seen a 110mm version over at weight weenies that hit the scale at 113 grams. Its a very good weight but not what they advertised which is nothing new for FSA. I think they always publish target weights.

mtbr member
    Bolts are Ti stock
    Just do it, Faster, Better, Lighter.
    bikekitchen.blogspot.com
    Single Minded

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Thanks for weighing this and posting your findings. I just ordered one of these stems for myself.

BTW, your bike looks great.

Weight Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by BlownCivic
    Are the bolts Ti or steel? That's realy light for an OS stem, even if they are Ti.
    BC, those are ti.

Weight Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanmoretime
    That stubby stem might weigh that but I have seen a 110mm version over at weight weenies that hit the scale at 113 grams. Its a very good weight but not what they advertised which is nothing new for FSA. I think they always publish target weights.
    Yep, this is a 90mm and weighs 97 grams with the supplied ti hardware. For every extra 10mm it's typical to get a 5-10 gram increase depending on the stem. As far as the advertised weight goes they normally use a 80 or 90mm length as a standard. They claim 98 grams here: http://road.fullspeedahead.com/fly.a...id=113&pid=199, and mine came in at 1 gram less than that. So in this case I'd say they hit their target weight.

Weight Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by kster
    Thanks for weighing this and posting your findings. I just ordered one of these stems for myself.

BTW, your bike looks great.

Hey, you're welcome kster. And thanks for the bike compliment. It's fun to have a new rig so that I can be a complete weight nerd again.