observer
    Sep 2006

Formula Puro vs. Hope mini pro for XC FS

I've narrowed my choices after much thought.

Oro puros vs. Mono mini pros

Hope brakes are lighter with reported better modulation. currently have mono mini's on my other bike and i like'em. So i thought that's why it would be better to go with the pro's- since i'm familiar with Hope.

Oro are a bit heavier, but reviews suggest they are stronger. Using them for FS WW build.
    Obviously with WW builds, price isn't really as important as more practical applications.

any thoughts?
    thanks!

Let's ride SuperModerator
    I find that if equipped with similar pads, the brakes work well and with equal power. The lever on the Pro is smaller/slimmer, and has a little bit of flex under hard action. Not a problem, but is a difference to the Puros. Both systems are the tops of the braking list, IMHO.

The Pros can come with the metallic pads, and those suck eggs as far as power is concerned. They'll last forever, but you'd likely run into a tree by then due to lack of brakes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MuDPhuD
    I've narrowed my choices after much thought.

Oro puros vs. Mono mini pros

Hope brakes are lighter with reported better modulation. currently have mono mini's on my other bike and i like'em. So i thought that's why it would be better to go with the pro's- since i'm familiar with Hope.

Oro are a bit heavier, but reviews suggest they are stronger. Using them for FS WW build.
    Obviously with WW builds, price isn't really as important as more practical applications.

any thoughts?
    thanks!
    i am struggling with the same decision on my high end build.

i currently have hope minis and mono4. love them. but i figured i might expand my experience with the puros...still not sure.