Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    MaLóŒĒ*size=

Floid Landis (as Armstrong) caught by doping...

Itīs just surrealistic than a american riders can win so many tours, no we have a spanish winner again. The frenchies will have to wait. Good luck at baseball, but this is not your sport, sorry...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l06/jul27news3

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaLoL
    Itīs just surrealistic than a american riders can win so many tours, no we have a spanish winner again. The frenchies will have to wait. Good luck at baseball, but this is not your sport, sorry...

When was Armstrong caught? I guess I missed that one.

There's still the B sample that has to be analyzed.

MaLóŒĒ*size=
    yes, you missed it...

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    who's Floid? ..... Pink Floid?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Please post a link to the Armsrong article or point us in the right direction.

Me thinks you are full of crap though . . . . . . .
    Thanks to www.fortframes.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

toooooooooooooolbox

mtbr member
    I think it's funny how this thread or one similar like it is on evey forum I've read today. At least in Passion and General Discussion it's a bit more fitting, but on the WW board? C'mon, did his doping do something to cut rotaional mass of his wheels or something? Did he dope a few grams off of his deraileur? If you've got something to add, stupid or not, why not just post in one of those threads in a more appropriate forum, or just go ot roadbikereview.com...

BM
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

mtbr member
    Armstrong was never caught doping

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Again you show how STUPID you really are....

It might be sad on Flyod, but we need to wait for the "B" sample.
    Does not look good though.

Amstrong NEVER tested POSTIVE for anything.

Ltet's last year's Vuelta? Roberto Heras (Spaniard) gets busted for doping?
    Spanish riders kicked off phonak (Santiago Perez) for doping? [SIZE=2][SIZE=-1]Oscar Sevilla thrown out for doping!

[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Vuelta dis-invites Comunidad Valenciana (spanish team)[/SIZE]

Spain is the haven for dopers!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com
    The Largest Site Dedicated to Light Weight Bikes and Sales
    Twitter: @lightbikes_com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner
    Also if an American does not give SPAIN a gift of 28min(?) oscar does not sniff the podium!

So back to Bull Fighting and Running with bulls (God, I want to try that!!)for you guys I guess!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner
    As information comes out it is being revealed that Floyd apparently didn't have HIGH amounts of Testosterone in his urine, just out of proprotion ratios. From ESPN:

Cycling analyst John Eustice thinks Floyd Landis' testosterone test could be a false positive. Landis' testosterone levels were low; just the ratio was off. Landis' cortisone shots or beer drinking could affect that, Eustice said on The Dan Patrick Show.

Living in the age of instant information is interesting to say the least. Folks everywhere are being quoted talking about this and they certainly do not have all the information.
    (Perhaps Eustice as well....) All I know is that I only know what is being leaked out through the media and then wildly and often ignorantly speculated upon in this forum.

In the ESPN News video also on that page, Eustice points out that every rider that has contested an accusation of testosterone doping has been exonerated...
    And as some former cyclists have pointed out; it makes no sense to use testosterone when there are so many more undetectable "products" that can be used....
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Please......

DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

Weight Weenie Shop Owner
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

banned

Testosterone...

Quote Originally Posted by DIRT BOY
    And as some former cyclists have pointed out; it makes no sense to use testosterone when there are so many more undetectable "products" that can be used....
    sorry Gio - i just saw the news on swiss television:

Testosterone is known to help regeneration of muscles. small amounts are sufficient to have really big effect in short time and if taken care can't be found the next evening. there was a scientist of the swiss dope-lab explaining what testosterone can do. it's not to enhance his power but it could have helped him big time to regain strenght faster. he obviously had a VERY BAD day before just to shine on the next day...strange, really strange. on the other hand it would be real stupid to use it knowing that you get tested the next day. that's like going at 200 miles through a radar and hoping nothing would happen

so this might also allow speculation for other people trying to do harm to Landis.

anyway - fact is testosterone would have had a positive effect in this case.

mtbr member

slow day at work today?

Time will tell - I'll hold my thoughts until I read facts and not before.

KMan

Weight Weenie Shop Owner
    Work? yah right....

Yep, time will tell...
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

mtbr member

don't they all take something these pro cyclists?

have you read "LA confidential" or other books on the matter?
    to my opinion, it is like the tabocco company boss saying with all the confidence in the world that tabacco isn't additive...
    is it 99% of the pro using dope or the other way around????
    can someone may believe that Amstrong didn't use anything to win 7 tours...
    look at the other recent tour winners (Pantani, Ulrich...). for some reason, lance had a talent to get away with it, like a special protection plan or so.
    sometimes suspicions are better than proof.
    tallk with retired pros, they'll tell you all about the doping culture.
    read the numberous books on the subjet.
    but simply, ride 130 miles flat out, climb 15.000 feet positive denivellation, sprint, fall, time trail.... for 3 weeks and drink plain water, than win the f*kin' thing... you are SUPERMAN.
    you are a MALOLO...

Faller - Expert Class
    Oh no, not the one who had to copy Dirt Boy's website's name again....
    2006 Kona Leroi

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

Faller - Expert Class

Yup, you've just tested positive for being a dope.

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (64.7 KB, 1983 views)
    Last edited by psinsyd; 07-27-2006 at 05:01 PM.
    2006 Kona Leroi

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider188a
    well just get your asses some juicy 7s and huck down a mountain. thoose v brakes will snap like my butt

Recovering couch patato
    I was never surprised by Landis' resurrection after that bad day. It was not a bad "legs" day, just nutricianal. He lost 10min up the last hill, unwillingly saving a lot of muscle fatigue. It hurt, but he was really doing a relaxed recovering ride, setting himself up for a better next day. Unwillingly.

I'd be interested to know what would happen to us mortal's testosterone levels having just accomplished one of the greatest sporting performances in any sport, ever. Does it not at all respond to mental input? After such a ride, do you expect to deliver a "standard" sample? Does one do it without especially good form of the day?

I'd like to see test. tests done on a racing driver once after a lost race, and once after championship securing voctory. Will they be the same?

If they (the French) can't find anything on Lance with hundreds of samples to fiddle with, there's nothing there. Hey, the guy was a pro World Champion the year that Jan Ullrich won the Amateurs, why be surprised if later in his carreer he degrades all other cyclists to Amateurs?
    Last edited by Cloxxki; 07-27-2006 at 10:36 PM.

tl1
    Bicyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki

I'd be interested to know what would happen to us mortal's testosterone levels having just accomplished one of the greatest sporting performances in any sport, ever. Does it not at all respond to mental input? After such a ride, do you expect to deliver a "standard" sample? Does one do it without especially good form of the day?
    They're saying his testosterone level was extremely low, that is strange. The epitestosterone level does not rise in unison with test. when you take in test. from the outside. Usually if you're doping with testosterone, the levels will be very high compared with epitest. So his epitestosterone levels must be super extremely loooooow. We haven't heard the last of this one.

mtbr member
    For me all the high level riders are doped.

SUBLIM8er
    [QUOTE=DIRT BOY]As information comes out it is being revealed that Floyd apparently didn't have HIGH amounts of Testosterone in his urine, just out of proprotion ratios. From ESPN:
    Cycling analyst John Eustice thinks Floyd Landis' testosterone test could be a false positive. Landis' testosterone levels were low; just the ratio was off. Landis' cortisone shots or beer drinking could affect that, Eustice said on The Dan Patrick Show.

Beer drinking?...Hmmm?? Works for me.
    Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

Weight Weenie Shop Owner

Let's fist wait for the "B" sample....

then remember NO cyclist has ever been found guilty for testosterone doping. Hundreds of cases have eben dismissed after endrocin tests.

I just fine it hard to believe with the whole Operation Puerto, once rider, any rider whoud take a chance for one stage knowing if you win you will be tested.

If he IS gulity, it's not a black eye for American riders, it's another BLACK eye for the TDF and cycling as a sport that we all love.....

Now if Spain whould adpot doping laws like everyone else, this help help in trying to clean the sport up. BUT there will ALWAYS be cheaters!!!
    DIRT BOY
    Light-Bikes.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Adding Some Rational Thoughts to an Irrational Discussion

Taxes, root canals, wet socks in cold weather and Ted Kennedy. These are some of the things I truly despite. I am getting ready to add ESPN to the mix.

This is an out of control news media (which if you have ever see the news or read books such as "Bias," know this is rather redundant). When Floyd won, they mentioned his victory for about 25 seconds, twice. When he tested positive, it is an hourly story complete with family interviews and an expose.

If that does not raise an eyebrow or two, add this to the mix. A cycling analysis went into some detail regarding the case. ESPN reported "doping" and "high levels of testosterone" in big, bold letters AT THE EXACT MOMENT the analysis was clearly stating "It is not high levels of testosterone; rather an elevated testosterone/epitestosterone ratio."

They completed the "expose" by going into detail about how this drags American cycling and the TDF down etc.

At what point do people start taking a stance against such irresponsible reporting? What needs to happen in order for accountability and accuracy to be the norm?

This is not the first time BY ANY MEANS that ESPN has done a "guilty until proven innocent and they will never be proven innocent because it is not a great story" story. They have become as slanted, biased and twisted as CNN. It is an outright disgrace.

ESPN a sports news outlet? No. They are the National Inquirer of Sports - teen age girls who love to gossip but forgot the impact their words have on others.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast