650b me

Fizik Gobi XM saddle

I've been demo'ing this saddle and I really like how it feels. I've been a WTB Rocket V fan for the last several years. Anyway, I weighed one at work and it read 255g, not the 229g so boldly advertised right on the packaging. So I took another one home (I work at a bike shop) and weighed it on my scale at home: 253g. Disappointing, to say the least. For comparison, I weighed my Rocket V saddle with Ti rails, rated at 225g. It came in at 217g, so that pretty much rules out scale calibration errors.

Just my experience, but buyer beware. I really like the feel of the saddle, and I know that's the important thing. It just turns me off when it feels like a product is being misrepresented.

Poacher
    Sep 2010

My Fizik saddles squeek.

Drop of oil worked when I remembered to oil. Sold 3 used. On to Selle Italia Flite. Like 'em after 2-3 months. Of course I crashed BOTH new saddles!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What type of rails on your Fizik? Manganese?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    I use this saddle and really like it. To me, I'm willing to forgo a bit of weight for the comfort. I race mostly enduro stuff so this is the most important part.

I have several of these saddles and never weighed any of them. The CF railed version isn't much lighter either.
    CyclingCentralVa.org

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've got a few Gobi saddles of varying versions... if I think of it, I'll throw em on my scale just to see. Doesnt really matter to me though because I love these things... especially the older ones. The newer XMs are good, but not as good.

Poacher
    Sep 2010

Says MG on rail. ?.

I love the way they feel, on my arse, Ewe. Anyway, They are comfortable. Maybe I wash my bike/rain ride too much? After 60-70 rides maybe they are toast? The Selle Italia are almost as comfortable and they don't make noise (still pretty new). Maybe we're supposed to oil the rail/plastic intersection? I was tired of it, so sold.

~Reformed Mechanic~
    I ride the Fizik aliante gamma XM and the weight was right on with mine. Even if it was slightly over I wouldn't care due to it being so incredibly comfortable compared to all other saddles Ive tried in the same weight range

IMO Fizik saddles are way too freaking sweet for me to care about a few grams, and Ive tried them all!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have 2 Gobi XM with titanium rails.
    Both are heavier than claimed: 254 g and 249 g.
    They replaced lighter but not so confortable saddles (Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow 233 g and SLR Gel Flow XC 169 g).

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace5high View Post
    I ride the Fizik aliante gamma XM and the weight was right on with mine. Even if it was slightly over I wouldn't care due to it being so incredibly comfortable compared to all other saddles Ive tried in the same weight range

IMO Fizik saddles are way too freaking sweet for me to care about a few grams, and Ive tried them all!
    word.

I've got Aliante XMs on both bikes, plus a brand new spare sitting in the parts box, just in case!

mtbr member
    Has anybody weighed the Gobi carbon railed version? Wonder if it is worth the extra cost??
    CyclingCentralVa.org

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I have two carbon rail aliantes and they about weigh the same as the titanium version. The difference is in the comfort. The carbon rail version is much smoother and almost feels like a low tire on my road bike.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008
    Fizik Gobi is the best saddle I have every used. How gives a rat's tail about the ounce. Really? An ounce?

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter View Post
    I have 2 Gobi XM with titanium rails.
    Both are heavier than claimed: 254 g and 249 g.
    They replaced lighter but not so confortable saddles (Selle Italia SLR Gel Flow 233 g and SLR Gel Flow XC 169 g).
    You replaced a comfortable saddle with an uncomfortable one to save an ounce? Really?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I have Gobi's on both mtn bikes. Broke one on the FS when I looped it and separated the base from the top at the back. Put on an Fizik Alante, and as comfortable as it is on my road bike, just did not cut it on my mtn bike. Put a new Gobi on and it was like getting an old friend back.
    Last edited by santacruzflyer; 10-27-2011 at 07:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo View Post
    You replaced a comfortable saddle with an uncomfortable one to save an ounce? Really?
    Both Goby XM are in my bikes. The other two in a box.
    Read again my post. I thought it was clear.