Maromero

First impressions on SLR

I changed from an SLR Gelflow (230gr) to a SLR Ti (143gr) and didn't know exactly what to expect. A lot like it and some don't. I was afraid that it wouldn't fit my behind, well, after a couple of 30 k rides with some technical stuff, fireroad climbs and descents now I can give my feedback. It is not so different from the Gelflow, even in it's break period it is confy, the only thing that still bothers me a little is the blade feeling of the edges that reflects on some soreness in the inner thighs.
    I think I can stand it for 87 gr less.

Trail rider and racer
    The SLR almost always pleases. I have been using one for years now and am totally impressed almost always by the comfort of it. Some of my 'comfortable' saddles are less comfortable almost a pain in the ass when compared to my SLR.

I agree with the 'blade' like feeling. I generally only notice it when riding in wet or rainy conditions, when both my shorts and saddle are wet.
    Trev!

I like bikes :)
    May 2004
    im thinking of getting an slr, but im worried about it breaking. so im just wondering if people have problems with that.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    no problems with my slr as of yet. at first definately felt a lil different, but now i dont think i even notice the difference from my old flight TT. i'd reccomend it to anyone serious about losing bike weight and riding alot. not for your recreational riders i think ;D

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by full_xtr_racer
    im thinking of getting an slr, but im worried about it breaking. so im just wondering if people have problems with that.
    Why not try the new SLR XC, it's a bit heavier at 180g, but looks to be alot tougher. It's on Selle's new site: www.selleitalia.com

I like bikes :)
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    Why not try the new SLR XC, it's a bit heavier at 180g, but looks to be alot tougher. It's on Selle's new site: www.selleitalia.com
    someone please correct me if im wrong, but all the slr saddles are the same just with different padding (with the exception of the slr 64), which, then i would get the normal slr or the 99g carbon one

the 99g one would knock 180g's off of my POS rock hard oem saddle

mtbr member

very nice

oh man i bought my slr off of ebay and i thought that my butt would be hurtin bad but i read the reviews and everyone else had the same feelings. but then they said once they ride it, it was super nice and comfy. And i totally agree, its an awsome light comfy saddle!!
    double thumbs up
    JF2 Racing!

mtbr member
    i'd agree with the above testimonial, i was skeptic about it, and i didn't realize it was so thin.

but i tried it out today and it turns out i find it much more comfortable than my flite saddle.

Maromero
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    I wasn't able to find it on Selle Italia's site.