Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    finally-my 12.3 lbs Scott C1 Roadbike...

    I finally finished my roadbike.well - almost.i still have a few things left but it's ready for the first ride IF weather gets better.it just snowed yesterday and temperatures are only a hair above freezing so not really what you are looking for when going at speed.

    life it looks scary fast! too bad there was no sun when i took the picture but there is none...in the sun you see the carbonfibre shine all over.looks cool

    still no fancy tubular carbon wheels. I use my bike as "everyday" trainingsbike and such wheels aren't what you would use there.but i still have plans on getting some in the near future.the bike demands such wheels...needless to say they would drop another 300-400g (1 lbs) overall.

    anyway - here's the specs:

    Bottle Cage: Tune Wasserträger incl. 2 Al-bolts 9
    Bottom Bracket: FRM Ti 103mm 141
    Brake- / Shift- Levers: Campagnolo Ergopower 9s Carbon 345
    Brakes: Zero-Gravity 187
    Cables: Shimano / Tune Plastic Housing 88
    Cassette: CNC Aluminium 12-23 9s 105
    Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 268 (to be replaced with a KMC 10X which should weigh no more than 255g)
    Crankset: Storck Powerarms Pro 434
    Derlr (Front) Dura-Ace Braze-on 71 (to be replaced with 04 Campa Carbon 69g)
    Derlr (Rear) Campagnolo Record 10s 191
    Fork: Scott Superlite (220mm) 288
    Frame: 04 Scott C1 Team Issue (size M, 54cm) 888
    Bar-Tape: Cinelli Cork (incl End-plugs) 28
    Handlebar: Schmolke Carbon SL (40cm,reinforced for use with Aero-Bars) 169
    Headset: FSA Integrated 80
    Headset Spacer: 2cm 6 (I'm still fiddling with my position.usually no spacer was needed)
    Pedals: Speedplay X-1 (with B-T-P Al-Plates) 132
    Quick Releases: Heylight Ti TT axles 38
    Seat Binder: Extralite Ultraclamp 34.9mm 12
    Seat: AX-Lightness Sprint 68 (to be replaced by 44g Tune Saddle)
    Seatpost: USE Aluminium (31.6/210mm) 142 (gets replaced by Heylight or AX-Lightness post)
    Stem: Syntace F99 260 (120mm,Ti-bolts) 103
    Tire (Front) Continental Supersonic 700x20 140
    Tire (Rear): Continental Supersonic 700x20 140
    Tubes: Continental Supersonic 102
    Wheelset: Amclassic CR420, Sapim CX-Ray Spokes 1371 (i also have a 1292g CR350 wheelset and still plan on getting some nice carbon tubular wheels)
    Miscellaneous A-Head Cap+bolt / Grease... 30
    Rimstrip Ritchey WCS 10

    Total 5577g / 12.30 lbs



    Last edited by nino; 03-26-2004 at 03:15 AM.

  2. #2
    Max
    Max is offline
    Velodramatic
    Reputation: Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    533

    nice, really really nice!

    congrats on your build, surely rides like a dream....

    lightweight wheels and ax AX combo would make it my ultimate dreambike *sigh*

    wheather sucks here too, last week 15-22 degrees, this week only snow and rain

  3. #3
    Max
    Max is offline
    Velodramatic
    Reputation: Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    533
    one more thing:

    - have you tried the M2racer crankarms? and what about their pedals?

    - why dont you get rid of the aheadset cap?

  4. #4
    6x7=Dont Panic!
    Reputation: TheRedMantra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Max
    one more thing:

    - have you tried the M2racer crankarms? and what about their pedals?

    - why dont you get rid of the aheadset cap?
    I didnt know that stuff was available yet. Oh ya, nino, that bike is hot!
    Herro prease

  5. #5
    Lactic Acid is my friend.
    Reputation: split's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    362

    Nice!

    Now that is a nice lookin' bike. No bar tape on the drop bars?

    Why is everyone getting a black bike?? Arrrggg!! Black is back.

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    there's better stuff to come...

    i will upgrade to even lighter cranks by this summer...
    and the pedals are sure nice BUT the Speedplays work awesome for me.
    i still like to have a a-headcap in place.it looks better.maybe i'll get that Schmolke carbon bap (5g) but i won't ride without.

  7. #7
    strip it down
    Reputation: Tbonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    173

    wow.

    That's all I can say.....wow.
    There's nothing like having the world under your wheels......

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    54

    nino

    that is some serious weight-weenism. i love it, great job with the selection of parts-most of which i've never seen before. would sure help my climbing-let us know how it holds up.

  9. #9
    try driving your car less
    Reputation: jh_on_the_cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,052
    you should get fenders, a rack, and a kickstand. that would about double the weight.
    12.3 lbs is craziness. which can be good thing.
    Only boring people get bored.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31

    Nice bike

    The Scmolke top cap would would help to continue the carbon theme. Mine weighed 6g for a steerer internal diameter size of 24mm. The Ax-lightness post should weigh under 120g for the size you need. Just watch out for the lower part of the seat clamp, mine had a slightly different radius as compared to the top of the seatpost. Have you considered the Ax-lightness brakes which should be available soon? A Tune skyline wheelset would look great with the crabon frame. Give us your ride impressions when you manage to get out on the bike. I am considering getting one of those frames myself.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pg_PL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    30
    > Tubes: Continental Supersonic 102

    These are ok, but I would definetely put on Hutchinson Latex tubes. These are declared 55g each but you can probably get som elighter, they are comfortable, roll fast and don't puncture.
    The only trick is that you have to put them on carefully, so that the are not twisted, other wise they can get a hole right after inflating close to the valve.

    Nice bike, especially the frame.
    BTW
    I have campy record 9 spd on my TCR and am considering upgrading to 10 spd, do you think it makes sense? I have 12-23 cassette, my bike is not crazy light, but at 8kgs with a few heavy parts (time pedals, crap saddle)

    Greetings from Poland
    Przemek

  12. #12
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    10s..

    well - if you have 10s now you need quite a lot of parts to upgrade to 10s:
    -Ergopowers (or at least the internals)
    -10s cassette
    -10s chain

    if it's worth it depends on your needs.i like the closer spaced gearing on my roadbike and 10s definitely helps you getting the gears closer OR it allows you to have your current gears AND an additional low or high gear.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,979
    Any place in the US to buy that frame/fork?
    Is the headset specific to the frame/fork?
    Prices??

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VT Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by danK
    Any place in the US to buy that frame/fork?
    Is the headset specific to the frame/fork?
    Prices??
    not for another six months or so. Scott bikes aren't available in the US, but they will be in the fall.

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    not available in the US...

    for best prices on Scott try Tilo from Tilosshop.com in Germany.
    tilo@tilosshop.com
    tell him Nino sent you!!

    suggested retail prices SANS 16% german TAX:
    CR 1 Team Issue frame without fork 1637,93 Euro
    CR 1 Fork Team Issue 344,83 Euro
    CR 1 Fork Superlight 387,93 Euro

    ask Tilo for best prices.he has by far the best deals on Scott!

    and remember the standard fork is not the "superlite" which i have.the standard fork weighs ca. 370g.

  16. #16
    jrm
    jrm is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,138

    That thing is Beautiful

    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    I finally finished my roadbike.well - almost.i still have a few things left but it's ready for the first ride IF weather gets better.it just snowed yesterday and temperatures are only a hair above freezing so not really what you are looking for when going at speed.

    life it looks scary fast! too bad there was no sun when i took the picture but there is none...in the sun you see the carbonfibre shine all over.looks cool

    still no fancy tubular carbon wheels. I use my bike as "everyday" trainingsbike and such wheels aren't what you would use there.but i still have plans on getting some in the near future.the bike demands such wheels...needless to say they would drop another 300-400g (1 lbs) overall.

    anyway - here's the specs:

    Bottle Cage: Tune Wasserträger incl. 2 Al-bolts 9
    Bottom Bracket: FRM Ti 103mm 141
    Brake- / Shift- Levers: Campagnolo Ergopower 9s Carbon 345
    Brakes: Zero-Gravity 187
    Cables: Shimano / Tune Plastic Housing 88
    Cassette: CNC Aluminium 12-23 9s 105
    Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 268 (to be replaced with a KMC 10X which should weigh no more than 255g)
    Crankset: Storck Powerarms Pro 434
    Derlr (Front) Dura-Ace Braze-on 71 (to be replaced with 04 Campa Carbon 69g)
    Derlr (Rear) Campagnolo Record 10s 191
    Fork: Scott Superlite (220mm) 288
    Frame: 04 Scott C1 Team Issue (size M, 54cm) 888
    Bar-Tape: Cinelli Cork (incl End-plugs) 28
    Handlebar: Schmolke Carbon SL (40cm,reinforced for use with Aero-Bars) 169
    Headset: FSA Integrated 80
    Headset Spacer: 2cm 6 (I'm still fiddling with my position.usually no spacer was needed)
    Pedals: Speedplay X-1 (with B-T-P Al-Plates) 132
    Quick Releases: Heylight Ti TT axles 38
    Seat Binder: Extralite Ultraclamp 34.9mm 12
    Seat: AX-Lightness Sprint 68 (to be replaced by 44g Tune Saddle)
    Seatpost: USE Aluminium (31.6/210mm) 142 (gets replaced by Heylight or AX-Lightness post)
    Stem: Syntace F99 260 (120mm,Ti-bolts) 103
    Tire (Front) Continental Supersonic 700x20 140
    Tire (Rear): Continental Supersonic 700x20 140
    Tubes: Continental Supersonic 102
    Wheelset: Amclassic CR420, Sapim CX-Ray Spokes 1371 (i also have a 1292g CR350 wheelset and still plan on getting some nice carbon tubular wheels)
    Miscellaneous A-Head Cap+bolt / Grease... 30
    Rimstrip Ritchey WCS 10

    Total 5577g / 12.30 lbs



    But i have to ask how stable it is at speed and is there noticable flex when out of the saddle. This coming from a ol guy who like to haul on descents.

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    it's numbers....

    the frame got tested along with 20 other high-end frames in a comparison test by german "roadie" magazine TOUR.the Scott has by far the highest STW numbers (stiffness to weight) and also real stiffness numbers for both headtube and bottom bracket were highest of all bikes (or second highest).the bike rides awesome.i did 2 shorter rides so far and it's really amazing on how responsive that bike is.it accelerates so fast and effortless...my 03 scandium already has been plenty fast but this bike seems even 1 step ahead.stiffness is definitely better too.going down at speed i couldn't make that frame "skake" not even when trying to force it with shaking the handlebar...

    here's the test i was talking about:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...16176#poststop

  18. #18
    chips & bier
    Reputation: eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,371

    A work of art, Nino...

    It's an amazing machine, no doubt. I do wonder: how is it riding the drops without tape? I considered doing this when I built up my new road bike (the other test winner
    - but not nearly as light), but I thought it'd probably be awful on bad roads. Have you put in any miles yet?

  19. #19
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    looks...

    well - actually it's more because of the look that i put it not on the drop bars.the carbon fibres shine all over the frame,saddle and handlebar so i wanted to see more of them on the bar too.i still try to find my perfect body position on that bike and that's why you see a 2 cm spacer unde the handlebar too.i usually don't use spacers there but since i rarely hold on the drop bars i thought i give it a try and raise it a little bit.feels very comfortable and now i finally can ride longer on the drop bars...but i guess i will have to put some bartape.not because of shockabsorbtion (remember, carbon bars take out the sharpest hits anyway) but because with my fullfinger gloves i was sliding and didn't have a good enough grip.

    i will ride it with a lower position today and see what i like better...

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: divve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    235
    Nice bike Nino. Even though it's heavier I still prefer the aero looking fork. It makes the design look more balanced.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    agree...

    i agree on the "ugly" joint from fork to frame BUT as a real weight-weenie i had to get the superlite.the standard aero fork is not only rather heavy but also unforgiving which was tested in german TOUR magazine in a carbon fork comparison test.there's only a handful of carbon forks that really take full advantage of carbon fibre.not only has a fork to be light but it also has to absorb a certain amount of shocks and vibrations.carbon is the ideal material because you could actually have strenght and give where you want it to have but only a couple of forks do that.most are too stiff and translate too much in the riders hands.

    the Scott superlite is one of those better forks, the standard isn't.

Similar Threads

  1. finally - Scott C1 carbon roadie: 888g..
    By nino in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •