Fastrax Scandium

Printable View

• 09-20-2004
    konameister
    Fastrax Scandium
    Hi

Does anyone have any info on the Scandium framemakers Fastrax?

I am changing my heavy 1700 gram Aluminium Kona Kula Frame to something lighter. The Kula Primo Scandium frame is only around 1400 grams.
  • 09-20-2004
    carlos
    what i know about fastrax is that they manufacture frames for scott and lapierre.
  • 09-20-2004
    DeeEight
    plus you can get complete fasttrax bikes on ebay for way cheap. Useful for getting high end part groups.
  • 09-20-2004
    heatstroke
    Fastrack
    Made by Hodaka in Taiwan, as mentioned also make Scott and Kona frames. The scandium HT frames are very light - sub 3lbs, and of good quality. When I was back east they were selling for about $220.

The HT frames had paperthin tubing, not something I'd want to crash in but was durable enough that 3 riders used them with no failure for over 3 years .

I think they are great frames for the price. If you think it's a bit cheap then get the one with the scot or kona badge.
  • 09-20-2004
    Cloxxki
    Lmao!!!
  • 09-20-2004
    The Dude
    My aluminum frame
    weighs 4313 grams.... buts a fs.
  • 09-20-2004
    konameister
    Quote:

Originally Posted by heatstroke
    Made by Hodaka in Taiwan, as mentioned also make Scott and Kona frames. The scandium HT frames are very light - sub 3lbs, and of good quality. When I was back east they were selling for about $220.

The HT frames had paperthin tubing, not something I'd want to crash in but was durable enough that 3 riders used them with no failure for over 3 years .

I think they are great frames for the price. If you think it's a bit cheap then get the one with the scot or kona badge.

Thanks a lot for the info. I am getiting the 05 Kula Primo frame which is almost half price in Denmark compared to last year (around €450 vs € 850)
  • 06-20-2012
    109eh
    Anyone know where can I buy fastrax, hodaka items? I'd like buy fastrax scandium wheelset. Thanks a lot.
    I search for dealers or web sites, but nothing.