mtbr member
    Feb 2010

eXotic carbon Ti seatpost

Just bought one these seatposts for a new 26" kids bike build. So far I'm impressed with the quality and workmanship. Weight is good at 158g for a 250mm post in 31.6mm diameter. Price is good at under $70 delivered.

The seatpost head is reinforced with an outer and inner alu ring, so it should be less prone to failure here than other similar carbon posts that lack this:

I've got a full breakdown of weights and more pics etc.here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have the same seatpost but with chrome moly instead of ti. Your only saving about 8 grams and paying $20 more for the ti. Great seat post for the money but for me I feel a little safer with steel. For a kids bike ti is totally fine. I plan on buying another seatpost and a bar from them soon.

mtbr member
    I have this post on my road bike and the quality is great. I scraped it down to the bare carbon since the graphics are pretty lame (IMO)

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002maniac View Post
    ... I scraped it down to the bare carbon since the graphics are pretty lame (IMO)
    Nice. Is there a thin layer of clearcoat over the graphics or are the graphics put on the carbon tube and then the whole thing clear-coated?