mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Ergon GR2 Grips on Raceface Next SL 3/4 Bar

Any success stories, or nightmares for that matter, with folks using this combo? I find comments that the GR2's work well on Easton Carbon bars, but nothing on Raceface.

Thanks...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Are the Race Faces bar end compatible? Is there a max torque for lock on grips from Race Face. I'm running GX2's on Fsa carbon bars that were "bar end compatible" but the handlebar torque spec is less than the Ergon torque spec. i used carbon paste and haven't had the grip slip yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Race Face documentation says their carbon risers are not compatible with bar ends, at least their use will void the warranty. No published specs from them as to max torque for lock on grips that I can find.

Clyde
    I have a Next 3/4 bar and have run a gx1 and a ga1 without any problem don't know if that helps you.
    09 Ibis Mojo - All Mountain Moab Edition

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Ergon makes bar end plugs to reinforce carbon bars. It might be worth getting them.

Ergon Bike
    You will be fine as long as you follow the torque specs of both the bar and grips. Although not 100% needed, add the LS100 bar plug to reinforce the bar if you like.....or if you lack a torque wrench.

Jeff K
    Ergon USA