mtbr member
    Feb 2012

ENVE Sweep Bar Weight and Pictures

Claimed weight was 175 grams for the full 700mm ENVE sweep mountain bike handlebar. Mine came in at 173.3 grams. (image showing weight in LBS)

I swapped out the stock Orbea OCIII 600mm bar weighing in at 167g. Love the width for my monkey arms. Now I need new cables and front housing, as the front is too short.
    Last edited by alexworthy; 11-14-2012 at 10:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    If you are interested in my purchasing decision (design, price, width, weight, made in usa) go here for more information: Newton's Carbon Orbea Alma 29er

I got an excel sheet in there!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Seems a bit heavy for a flat. But I guess they do last for awhile and have a nice warranty.

The Missing
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ginsu2k View Post
    Seems a bit heavy for a flat. But I guess they do last for awhile and have a nice warranty.

The construction is thick, I cut mine down quite a bit as I do not prefer the super wide bar set up. A lot of manufacturers go thick just on the ends for bar end use and then go thinner on the lay up, ENVE's are thick through out. You definitely put on some grams for that. However I found that these are much more durable to abuse from hitting trees with that thicker construction.

metrotuned WoS
    My ENVE sweep bars do not have enough sweep for my tastes. You think the Risers will offer any more sweep?
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ginsu2k View Post
    The 173 gram ENVE bars are not the lightest, but while that is important, it wasn't a big factor for me. Enve's brand, logo on the front of my bike won me over, and the very few extra grams (25g at most) was not a big deal. If weight is paramount Easton's EC70 XC Wide 685mm, 150g for $110, or Niners RDO 710mm, 156g for $199 are good picks.

I guess I started out wanting Niner's RDO bar, but the price kept me away, $160 for the ENVE was already tweaking my eye a bit.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    If you are looking for more sweep, you can get a Salsa carbon bar in 11deg, but they are only 640 or 660mm (I always forget which).

The Syntace Vector carbon low rise only has 10mm of rise and is a 12deg bar. I love the sweep on that one.

I think the Niner RDO bar has a little better ride feel (ie not as stiff) than the Enve, but I own and enjoy both.

metrotuned WoS
    briscoelab, right on - will be trying the vector 10 12 degree real soon!!!
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by illnacord View Post
    briscoelab, right on - will be trying the vector 10 12 degree real soon!!!
    Thomson makes 12 degree bars now too (well contracts them).

metrotuned WoS
    Sold out! The 12 degree titanium bars sound awesome!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

crush it!

Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    ...I think the Niner RDO bar has a little better ride feel (ie not as stiff) than the Enve, but I own and enjoy both.
    Formally test rode the bar yesterday, and I agree, the bar is stiff, great for the fast high torque speed racers out there. I felt a lot faster (maybe STABLE is a better word) in sprints, being able to really torque on the bar. Look into this if you want to CRUSH or elsewhere if you want CUSH.