mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Egg Beater Triple Ti pedals

I weigh 163lb and am thinking about running these ridiculously expensive pedals. The weight difference is hard to ignore. I ran the Egg Beater SS on my Fuel for the past 2 years and haven't had any problems, other than having to replace the cleats twice a summer.
    I have read that the max. rider weight is 185lb, so I think that won't be a problem. Just wondering if anyone has any experience or any feedback. I am not too heavy on my parts, don't jump a whole lot, race some, and I am really trying to shave some weight on my size large Spyder with a Fox fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcospo
    I weigh 163lb and am thinking about running these ridiculously expensive pedals. The weight difference is hard to ignore. I ran the Egg Beater SS on my Fuel for the past 2 years and haven't had any problems, other than having to replace the cleats twice a summer.
    I have read that the max. rider weight is 185lb, so I think that won't be a problem. Just wondering if anyone has any experience or any feedback. I am not too heavy on my parts, don't jump a whole lot, race some, and I am really trying to shave some weight on my size large Spyder with a Fox fork.
    I have use Triple Ti's for one season without any problems, I'm 6'4" 180 lbs, but I ride pretty smooth.

Just passing through....

I'm 6'3" and 185 lbs

and have been using the Triple Ti's for 6 months with no problems as far as the spindle strength goes. The only problem I had was stripping out the allen hole that you put the wrench into. I don't think that I properly greased the spindle before putting it in. Crank Bros customer service was excellent and took care of me.

mtbr member
    There's probably better places to spend your money but I think you'll be fine on those pedals.I weigh 135 and I'm definately getting some.