Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    627

    Eclipse strips in the US??

    Where can I get the strips in the US? Anyone know the pricing?

  2. #2
    Just passing through....
    Reputation: DaFireMedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime
    Where can I get the strips in the US? Anyone know the pricing?
    You can get the whole kits at Bikeman.com, under the DT Swiss label, as well as several other places. I'm not sure if you can buy just the strips. Nino would probably know.
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    627
    Will that work with most rims? I have Sun DS1-XC rims.

  4. #4
    Neg reppers r my biatches
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,220
    I would definitly not assume they will.....though they may. I am running them on my DT Swiss rims but I sure would check before buying since my guess is that the dimensions may be a bit off

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    627
    What is most critical in measuring the rim for compatibility? Width or height? Do you know the dimensions of the DT swiss rim?

  6. #6
    Do It Yourself
    Reputation: Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,720
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime
    What is most critical in measuring the rim for compatibility? Width or height? Do you know the dimensions of the DT swiss rim?
    The DT Swiss kit is designed for DT and Mavic rims. Other should use the Eclipse Universal Tubeless Kit. You can buy from nino. He's in Switzerland but ships to the US.
    Long Live Long Rides

  7. #7
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by Homebrew
    The DT Swiss kit is designed for DT and Mavic rims. Other should use the Eclipse Universal Tubeless Kit. You can buy from nino. He's in Switzerland but ships to the US.
    the DT swiss kit fits just DT and some Mavic rims.
    for all other makes you will need the "universal" kit A126U.

    you can get them here:
    http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    627
    Is the width significantly different between the dtswiss/mavic and the universal XC model? What makes the two different?

  9. #9
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    rimbead specific...

    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime
    Is the width significantly different between the dtswiss/mavic and the universal XC model? What makes the two different?
    unlike Stans flat rubberbands Eclipse actually has the rimstrips that are designed specific for some rims. the M126U for example fits the contours of the rimbead exactly. it fits like a glove.

    see the rimstrip below with it's profile on top which ensures tires get a good grip and don't move once inflated.

    the "universal" rimstrip A126U fits most other xc-rims. it hasn't as pronouced lips. you can't fit the DT or Eclipse rimstrip on other rims. it won't fit and might leak.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    Maromero
    Reputation: doccoraje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,523
    I don't know if this helps, but, I'm using the M 126 U (which I bought from Nino) on DT's X4.1. I was going to use them on crossrides and didn't have the chance to get others so I gave them a try and they work real good.

  11. #11
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770
    Quote Originally Posted by doccoraje
    I don't know if this helps, but, I'm using the M 126 U (which I bought from Nino) on DT's X4.1. I was going to use them on crossrides and didn't have the chance to get others so I gave them a try and they work real good.
    most Mavic rims have the same if not very similar rimbeads. that's why it says the M126U fits Mavic and DT rims...

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    796
    does Eclipse not respond to emails? ...i tried twice over the period of a week but no luck..

  13. #13
    Trail rider and racer
    Reputation: Trevor!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,691
    Trev!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    796
    i already bought the kit ...just need a black rubber washer for the valvestem and don't need/want to buy another whole valvestem...

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    rubber washer...

    Quote Originally Posted by eurorider
    i already bought the kit ...just need a black rubber washer for the valvestem and don't need/want to buy another whole valvestem...
    you should be able to get such a washer in any hardware store. or cut one out of an old inner tube. they will cost you too much if shipped from Eclipse...

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    796
    i'll probably do that ..thanks

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    627

    Why not in the US?

    Is there a particular reason why eclipse isn't in the US? Why aren't they in QBP or something like that?

  18. #18
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    european company...

    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughtime
    Is there a particular reason why eclipse isn't in the US? Why aren't they in QBP or something like that?
    european companies need a special insurance in the US to be protected (lawsuits...). this insurance costs as much as ALL other countries on the whole planet COMBINED ! there's several other european companies not beeing represented in the US as well just because of that.

  19. #19
    Just passing through....
    Reputation: DaFireMedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    european companies need a special insurance in the US to be protected (lawsuits...). this insurance costs as much as ALL other countries on the whole planet COMBINED ! there's several other european companies not beeing represented in the US as well just because of that.
    The wonderful lawyers, making our world a better place........
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    796
    i'm sure the insurance is quite high but Eclipse is also sold under the DT name and i'm sure DT paid Eclipse a lot of money. so it may be in the agreement that Eclipse would stay out of the U.S. (and the North American market) since DT would not want further competion when there is already a large presence from Stans. In order for the venture to have been profitable for DT, that is what i think had to be agreed upon.

    this makes sense since Eclipse is also not sold in Canada...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Didier Carpentier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorider
    i'm sure the insurance is quite high but Eclipse is also sold under the DT name and i'm sure DT paid Eclipse a lot of money. so it may be in the agreement that Eclipse would stay out of the U.S. (and the North American market) since DT would not want further competion when there is already a large presence from Stans. In order for the venture to have been profitable for DT, that is what i think had to be agreed upon.

    this makes sense since Eclipse is also not sold in Canada...
    well, here nino would know better yet i'm pretty sure that no contract between Dt and ELIPSE is taking place in distribution rules for the US market.
    It is pretty easy to sell parts in Europe. To penetrate the US market, we have to face so much troubles that we sometimes rather not be present on that market.
    It is large but the fact that US client attitude is not really compatible with europeen mentality. I'm not saying it is good or bad here, but there is both too much lawyers issues and basically fault on the manufactor regardless in the US. So indeed some euro company rather not sell in the US due to the US customers mentality.

  22. #22
    banned
    Reputation: nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,770

    correct...

    Quote Originally Posted by Didier Carpentier
    well, here nino would know better yet i'm pretty sure that no contract between Dt and ELIPSE is taking place in distribution rules for the US market.
    It is pretty easy to sell parts in Europe. To penetrate the US market, we have to face so much troubles that we sometimes rather not be present on that market.
    It is large but the fact that US client attitude is not really compatible with europeen mentality. I'm not saying it is good or bad here, but there is both too much lawyers issues and basically fault on the manufactor regardless in the US. So indeed some euro company rather not sell in the US due to the US customers mentality.
    there is no contract of that sort between DT and Eclipse. both can sell simultaneously all over the world. however DT is a much bigger company and already has that mentioned insurance.
    oh yes - Didier - the US is a "different" world. not worse...i don't want to say a bad thing here...just different to what we have over here in europe

  23. #23
    Just passing through....
    Reputation: DaFireMedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,331
    Quote Originally Posted by nino
    there is no contract of that sort between DT and Eclipse. both can sell simultaneously all over the world. however DT is a much bigger company and already has that mentioned insurance.
    oh yes - Didier - the US is a "different" world. not worse...i don't want to say a bad thing here...just different to what we have over here in europe
    I'm American and I'll say it....Our lawyers cause far too many problems. Oh, they serve a purpose, but they go waaayyyy too far.
    If you want to play with electricity, more power to ya......

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.