mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Easton ec70 v.ec90 zero seatpost

Is it worth the extra $ for the ec90? Does anyone have expirience with either?

Come on, dare me!
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog
    Is it worth the extra $ for the ec90? Does anyone have expirience with either?
    I had the EC90 Zero setback. The difference, until 2008, was that the EC70 was available with setback, while the EC90 was not. I really enjoyed the EC90 : beautiful, light with a little «give» and it filters the small vibrations, which is a known virtue of carbon... The only drawback of a carbon seatpost, I've discovered, is it's relative cosmetic fragility -- I'm used to lower my saddle pretty often, since I ride technical terrain with lots of (wet) roots and rocks and the EC90 got scratched easily. If you don't change your saddle height, go for the EC90 (they're in special at cambriabike, I think).

Jerome

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I have an ec70 zero offset post, works well for me
    I could not justify the extra $$s for ec90, I still have plenty of other areas to improve on weight and ride quality before looking at the high dollar gramms

I do not change my saddle hight

mtbr member
    i have a 31.6 EC 70 I wouldnt mind unloading, I not that crazy bout the color of the stickers, anybody interested email me.

ride on....
    mike