Dirt Abuser

E3 saddle, 190gms <$50

Picked up one at Performance bike and road it a few times. Seems OK, no major issues yet, has Ti alloy rails. We'll see how it is after 10+ rides and 20+ mile ride...

mtbr member
    For the price weight and padding (from what I can tell) it doesn't seem bad.

Is it a confirmed 190grams?

Dirt Abuser
    I don't have a scale, but the package states:

mtbr member
    My SLR has '135gr' written on the saddle, doesn't mean it is so though. Actual weight is 153gr. So without a verified weight you really just don't know.
    www.yourtrails.net/weights/ - Kick ass weights listing
    racing.thylacinecycles.com - Racing silliness

Ty
    mtbr member
    Yep, my SLR has '135g' printed on the saddle but my scales tell me it is 143g.

I bet you your 190g saddle is more like 230g, of course I could be wrong, either way, looks good, nice shape and still significantly lighter than most saddles out there.

Ty
    mtbr member
    d/P

Dirt Abuser
    This is a follow up post/review of the seat. I think it's a good seat for the price as it rides well, isn't too hard and is generally easy on your butt. I'm 5'10", 177lbs and feel that it would be good for people my size and smaller. I don't think it would ride that well if your over 6' and 220lbs... Just my opinion... If you don't want to shell out $130 for a seat, this may be an inexpensive way to go at ~200gms.

Anyone else have this seat? I'd like to hear what others think...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I have had the E3 Form Gel version on my MTB for six months and it has been my best saddle. Recently, I swapped it over to my road bike and it is easily the best road saddle for me. 5'10" and 148 lbs. I bought the Gel E3 for under $25 and I have seen the Titanium version under $35. My E3 Gel Form weighed 260gm on my scale, close to the claimed weight of 258gm. I will definitely pick up the Titanium E3 next time it is on sale at Performance or Nashbar. I just wish they would make them in white, then I would buy two.