MaL*size=

dura ace cassette tuning

i bought a 12-27 cassette. i want to tune it to 11-27 changing the 12t cog by a 11t cog and removing the 14 t cog. is this possible? it seems like i have to use another lockring.

dura ace lock ring: alu and 3 lines of thread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaL󌝩 bought a 12-27 cassette. i want to tune it to 11-27 changing the 12t cog by a 11t cog and removing the 14 t cog. is this possible? it seems like i have to use another lockring.

[IMG
    http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/515/235429cassete_dura-ace.jpg[/IMG]

dura ace lock ring: alu and 3 lines of thread

Nino has some really nice light lock rings for sale....

MaL*size=
    sure...

banned

feel free...

Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    Nino has some really nice light lock rings for sale....
    feel free to get them from Marchisio or FRM direct and pay twice as much. that's the ones i sold

MaL*size=
    marchisio? why am i gonna buy something for double the price if i bought it from you and i already know thay are bs? your lockrings can only dream with the quality of the duraace, the dt swiss lockring or the ac lockring (available in several anodized coloUrs)...

your lockring can´t compare to the quality of this dura ace lockring, just look at the pics. and i know 11t and 12t dura ace lockrings are different but that´s not a problem cause i can tune the 12t lockring and make it suitable for the smaller 11t cog. the problem is that i don´t know if the 11t dura ace cog 9s is avaible, i am not gonna buy a full duraace cassette for using only the 11t cog...

Boj
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MaL
    archisio? why am i gonna buy something for double the price if i bought it from you and i already know thay are bs? your lockrings can only dream with the quality of the duraace, the dt swiss lockring or the ac lockring (available in several anodized coloUrs)...

your lockring can´t compare to the quality of this dura ace lockring, just look at the pics. and i know 11t and 12t dura ace lockrings are different but that´s not a problem cause i can tune the 12t lockring and make it suitable for the smaller 11t cog. the problem is that i don´t know if the 11t dura ace cog 9s is avaible, i am not gonna buy a full duraace cassette for using only the 11t cog...

You can get 11t cog by itself. Ask your LBS. You will need an 11t lockring too. Then you either drop 14t or 12t from the cluster and add 11t on the end.
    If in doubt - pedal harder!!!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boj
    You can get 11t cog by itself. Ask your LBS. You will need an 11t lockring too. Then you either drop 14t or 12t from the cluster and add 11t on the end.
    there is no problem to shave the existing 12t lockring to fit on a 11t. but anyway - shifting on the modified cassette suffers as by taking out cogs the shifting ramps aren't aligned anymore. i did it years ago and finally went back because there always has been a slight rattle and hesitation when shifting to the 15t...i don't need the 11t top-speed. maybe in spain they have super smooth "autobahn" where you can also use roadie pedals...

Max
    Velodramatic
    *lol*

Skinny guys fight 'til they're burger

MaL*size=
    not really. but i know a few xc world cup racers use road spd shoes (jose antonio hermida silver olimpic medal is one of them). he uses sidi road shoes with a custom glued sole made of michelin green mtb tires. also kirk molday (he was at the marin team years ago) used shimano spd road shoes racing at the grundig cup. So i think this has nothing to be with spain nino.
    Last edited by MaLL; 12-19-2004 at 07:04 PM. Reason: no autobahnhnhn here

Max
    Velodramatic
    so did michael rasmussen..... but no road pedals (depending on course)

mtbr member
    I've actually have been considering taking my 11-32 cassette and making it a 12-32. I've only used the 11t gear on road rides, and is useless in the moutains. It equates to about 30mph, and anytime I going 30mph on the trail I'm standing and hanging on, definately not pedalling.

Anyway, first I thought I could just buy a 13t cog, dump the 11, and pust the 12 down to be the first cog, but I'm thinking that's not going to work. I think I need a 12t first cog (for the serrations), and a 13t cog.

Also, could you use an 11t lockring with a 12t first cog?
    "I've come to believe that common sense is not that common" - Matt Timmerman

Max
    Velodramatic
    Quote Originally Posted by bmadau
    I've actually have been considering taking my 11-32 cassette and making it a 12-32. I've only used the 11t gear on road rides, and is useless in the moutains. It equates to about 30mph, and anytime I going 30mph on the trail I'm standing and hanging on, definately not pedalling.

Anyway, first I thought I could just buy a 13t cog, dump the 11, and pust the 12 down to be the first cog, but I'm thinking that's not going to work. I think I need a 12t first cog (for the serrations), and a 13t cog.

Also, could you use an 11t lockring with a 12t first cog?
    dunno what "serrations" are, but from what i can tell all 12T cogs that come with 32-11 cassettes have those "riffles" that the last cogs (11T) have as well. i guess 14-13-12 might work without any problems. and i assume you can use your 11T lockring since it is just a tad smaller than the 12T version