mtbr member

Derailleur Cable and Housing

I'm looking to shed a bit of weight here, but I also want the best performing cable and housing combination. I use X0 shifters and X0 RD and XTR FD.

What do you recommend?
    CyclingCentralVa.org

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    My Mini I-links with PowerCordz have been running great, Super smooth! Not sure if there's anything lighter, either. (that's currently available)

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    i have i-links and powercordz too and there crazy light and very smooth.
    RAH!

aka 'Grover'
    http://jensonusa.com/store/product/C...using+Kit.aspx

price is good. i bought a few sets. when i run out it'll be mini ilinks

mtbr member
    I had forgotten about the deal on the Yumeya line at Jenson. Might have to pick this up.

I will use Powercordz with I-links when I replace this.

Thanks for the advice guys.
    CyclingCentralVa.org

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    One of my distributors is carrying the I-links now but I still haven't bothered to order any. I prefer good ol' Shimano SP41 4mm sealed housing in general.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    mini i-links are frequently brought up as a complete joke around our shop. Many internet addicted customers have brought in i-links for use on a whole range of bikes. 9 speed sram stuff seems to work ok, but 10 speed shimano or even 10 speed sram sucks nuts. lol the amount of slop in the links is enough to REALLY cause trouble with adjustment. Power cordz are even more of a joke around here.

Nokon doesnt save any weight, but the fit and finish is MUCH nicer and allows for tighter more precise installation and use. I only use nokon because my bike has interupted housing stops and I dont like replacing the stuff 4 times a year just to get a good feel at the lever. They only requires a cable change 2-3 times a year, and a liner change yearly. When installing new cables ill blast in some (dry) degreaser and blast it out with the compressor. Inject some special shimano cable grease and you will have a set up that feels great for a looooong time.

Nokon wont kink if it is installed correctly. It looks great.d

mtbr member
    Maybe the joke is your bike shop. Your shop needs to go to cable routing school!!
    I have the I-link and power cords combo and it has been working great for 2 years.
    Just as smooth as the day I installed them.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilMick
    mini i-links are frequently brought up as a complete joke around our shop. Many internet addicted customers have brought in i-links for use on a whole range of bikes. 9 speed sram stuff seems to work ok, but 10 speed shimano or even 10 speed sram sucks nuts. lol the amount of slop in the links is enough to REALLY cause trouble with adjustment. Power cordz are even more of a joke around here.

Nokon doesnt save any weight, but the fit and finish is MUCH nicer and allows for tighter more precise installation and use. I only use nokon because my bike has interupted housing stops and I dont like replacing the stuff 4 times a year just to get a good feel at the lever. They only requires a cable change 2-3 times a year, and a liner change yearly. When installing new cables ill blast in some (dry) degreaser and blast it out with the compressor. Inject some special shimano cable grease and you will have a set up that feels great for a looooong time.

Nokon wont kink if it is installed correctly. It looks great.d

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by biketuna
    Maybe the joke is your bike shop. Your shop needs to go to cable routing school!!
    I have the I-link and power cords combo and it has been working great for 2 years.
    Just as smooth as the day I installed them.
    +1, well except for the 2 years part.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I've been using ilink all year and they've worked flawless. Standard sram x-o cables with ilink housing. xo twist shifters to x.9 fd and x.0 rd. they look amazing as well.