mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Deda zero100 Stem on XC bike or options!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone has used this new stem on a XC bike.... I called the usa distributor and they didnt have much info and he told me they are a road bike stem, but on there wedsite, which is down right now, but a few days ago it showed the Deda zero 100 Servizio corse as MTB or Road, at least I think it did.... was reading on my phone... I want a white stem and found a pretty good deal on one, Its for my White air carbon so wanting lighter... anyone know anything about them... 31.7mm bar size, just wondering how it would be with 660mm bars, what other options are there in white stems that are light for XC racing????

Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Depends on how big you are?
    It will probably be fine.( as long as your not a 280 lb single speeder)
    Ritchey makes a WCS white stem....as do a few others. Take a look at universalcycles for some others

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Wink

Lol, No I'm 175pounds, but yes will be on my single speed

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I got a white New Ultimate OS 80mm from fairwheelbikes.com. There site had a claimed weight of 107 grams, mine was 96 grams.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hdkiwi
    Lol, No I'm 175pounds, but yes will be on my single speed
    I'm about the same and use 660 bars...and tend to crank them.
    I have not found flexy stems....it used to be a problem in the old days.
    I have Ibis, Syntace 99, FSA OS99 and Bontrager stems on my bikes.
    All. except the Bontrager, are under 100 grams with ti hardware and are plenty stiff

Hack Racer
    Deda zero 100 is hardly new. I've used them on my road bikes for some time now. They are nicely priced compared to the other offerrings for approx 100 to 118g for 100mm 31.8mm stems.

They are very nicely made. I would not hesitate to use them for XC applications provided you are not running some super wide bar (700mm +).

I'm actually considering them for my two builds since Syntace F109 which is my first choice is not available in North America at the moment. The deda is however cheaper which is a good selling point for something light and stiff. The claimed weight is right on too.