mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Coda Magic BB and hollowgram SL cranks??

So in looking at a picture of an old school coda BB I noticed that it has a very similar spline pattern to a regular hollowgram Si SL spindle. Does anyone know if a standard hollowgram crankset is compatible with a coda magic BSA BB?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I was just wondering the same thing . I have old NOS coda BB and would love to have holowgram cranks on non BB30 frame..

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I ended up getting a hollowgram SiSl crank to work on my 73mm BSA crankset using a 122mm MTB hollowgram spindle and Zipp 30mm BB cups. Had to jerry-rig it with shims though, not ideal but it works.

I never did get an answer on the above question. If you really want an answer you could send me your spindle and I could check it with my SiSl cranks and mail is back... maybe someone from the cannondale forum will chime in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I finally went to local Cannondale dealer with my set of NOS CODA Magic cranks and BB set. This is the result. Unfortunately totally different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Coda Magic BB and hollowgram SL cranks??-cranks.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by capin View Post
    I finally went to local Cannondale dealer with my set of NOS CODA Magic cranks and BB set. This is the result. Unfortunately totally different.
    I have a nos axle for some magics must have kicked around in the workshop for 10 years .I don't have cups though or know the length but if you want it

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    The old Coda Magic Motorcycle cranks served as a prototype test bed for the modern day BB30 Si crankset. I still scour the web for NOS deals on them....
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"