Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Cheap Chinese Alloy Stems

9K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  P. Honor 
#1 ·
Found these stems on ebay going for $30. Claims to have ti bolts and weigh less than 100g. Has anyone tried them and do you thing they would be good for a 140lb rider with a carbon steerer on a rigid singlespped? Also do you think the logo could be removed?

#13 ·
I got the 70mm 7-degree like XC71. It replaced an 80mm 17-deg. I put another 10mm spacer under it and it feels very close to what I had, maybe a little higher.

Sorry, I didn't weigh it before replacing the screws, but my screw records say I saved about 10 or 11 grams. My scale only reads to 1 gram, and the actual weight with ti screws was actually trending towards 84 grams as it flashed back and forth. So 95 grams would be very close to the actual weight.

If you are looking for something of a more typical length, he has this 90mm that should still sneak by under 100g with ti bolts.

Bi King Uno "7" 7050 Alloy Ultralight MTB Road 31 8x90mm Stem Black LT03H | eBay

(Gotta love some of these Chinese store names :). No dear, it is just a bicycle part.)

#14 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm using this in a 90/-7 and weight has been around 110g for mine: Forté Pro Oversize Stem -

Often on sale for $24 and we have local PB store which allows me to take the tiny gram scale and make sure I don't get a pig heavy one, ha. Being a Weight Weenie means I should go for anything that saves 10 grams, but the PB stem is often free from Team Performance points.

#17 ·
I'm looking for a lightweight 70mm stem, and found these Vivimax EMT2 Aluminum 7050 31 8 X 70mm Stem Black | eBay

They are claimed 101g (probably 110g real) and look way better than these UNO stems (I find the UNO soooo ugly IMO). Plus the graphics aren't as bad and they seem to have a way nicer body.

I'm 120 with gear, and this is going on a XC bike.

#18 ·
I hope I'm in the right place here. I'm a newb. Just wanted to let you know that I recently purchased a Chinese mtb stem (I was going to post the brand and price but realized that might get me banned as a spammer, oops)! Anyway they come in a variety of colors and the thing is freakn gorgeous! I got the blue anodized. The milling and tolerances are fantastic. And it was on of the few I could find in a 35mm bar bore (w/ the included shims can be used w/ 32.5mm or wtevr that is). Anyway about a fifth the price of a Hope or one of the name brands. Haven't thrown any hard riding at it yet. I'll let you know how/if it holds up. Sure turns heads tho. Wish I knew how to post photo?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.