Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    "They Call Me Bone'z"

Chinese Hardtail build, internal cable mod(Pg 7)

so i decided my sette ace frame is is overdue.. the shock is leaking and i broke a pivot bolt a while ago so i have a carbon hardtail frame on order. the frame is has an ISM on it too.
    ill be changing a lot of things on my setup to hopefully build a nice race bike. so here are the planned specs/weights.

Brake: Hayes stroker grams............................................. .......................228/246
    Brake Rotor: kcnc razor 160/140............................................... ...............74/61
    Brake Rotor Bolts: 6ti 6blue alloy............................................. ................?
    Cables: powercords........................................ .........................................4g
    Cassette: 11-36(probubly XX)............................................... ................. .....?
    Chain: kmc sl10(or yaban)................................. .........................................240ish
    Crankset: extralite e bones w/ homebrewed 35t..........................................502+4 0
    Derlr (R): sram x.0 with afc pullys, alloy bolts + 09 med derailleur cage + carbon inner plate .......171g
    Fork: Magura durin sl+starnut........................................ ............................1357
    Frame: Carbon............................................ ..........................................hope fully low
    Grips: bonty xxx light)............................................ .................................20
    Handlebar: KCNC sc bone.(maybe something else at 620mm.......................115
    Headset: Not sure yet maybe kcnc.............................................. ..............?
    Pedals: Crank Bro's egg beater 2ti with ward axles.....................................182
    Seat: Bonty evoke carbon............................................ ... ........................144g
    Seatpost clamp: stock topper unless i have one made................................?
    Shifters: xx rear(doesn't have a clamp yet).............................................. ....80g
    Skewers: j&l flyweight (maybe quick release is in order..).............................32g
    Stem: rotor sl2 w steel bolts(stock bolts suck! ill order ti to get the weight back)..........96+10?
    Top cap/spacers: carbon and alloy bolt .................................................. ...12g
    Tire (Front): currently schwalbe roc ron performance 2.25.............................485
    Tire (Rear): kenda karma(best cheap xc rear tire ive ever ridden!)...................475
    Wheelset: 1305g
    Wheel Front: 592g
    Hub: Mack 32h Super Light Front ........80g!..........................80g!........ ........80(verified!)!!
    Rim: NoTubes ZTR Alpine .................................................. .......................326
    Spokes: DT 1.8's (because a stiff wheel is a better wheel) w/ nipple's............186
    Wheel Rear: 713g
    Hub: Mack 32h Super Light Rear.............................................. .................200g!
    Rim: NoTubes ZTR Alpine............................................ ............................. 327
    Spokes: DT 1.8's w/ nipples........................................... ..........................186
    Overall: should be 7900-8200g or 17.5lbs to 18.5lbs(an estimate)

bonty saddle good shape and should improve the comfort of the hardtail.

Homebrewed alloy 35t

Sram XX rear Shifter at 80g + powercord at 4g(im going to try and get one of those silly light plastic clamps that popped up not long ago)

Bonty XXX grips(love the diameter of them and lighter then ESI)

my modded x0 rear derailleur. i had a spare 9speed cage in med so i modified the mounting pin for the new style 10speed took a few days to do but its on! i bought it as a long cage but sincie its going to be a 1 by 10 it was not necessary(got a good deal on the bay) so i was able to use my existing 9 speed inner carbon plate too!

As some of the other parts come off my sette ill post more pics
    but there is how it was before taking parts off..

What do you guys think? should i change something else?
    Last edited by facelessfools; 05-15-2014 at 05:00 PM. Reason: updated
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Looks like a nice race bike! The Bontrager saddle is awesome, very comfortable!
    I'd change the Seat mast for something lighter(KCNC, Tune, MCFK), the seat mast that usually come on the ebay frames are very heavy.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    one in blue might be nice

they tell me the mast size is 31.6 which doesnt make sense to me...
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    How much did the frame cost you?

ups and downs
    31.6mm is a pretty common seat post size
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by newnan3 View Post
    How much did the frame cost you?
    $410usd

Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    31.6mm is a pretty common seat post size
    thats what i have currently but the frame has a seatmast. so it requires a topper and i haven't been able to find a seatmast topper of that size.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Looks awesome, would look so much better imo with a black seatpost.
    That blue doesn't match anything on the bike and looks faded.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    New frame wont have it. The new frame will have an integrated seat post to it so it will be all black.

considering a
    http://mcfk.de/Produkte/Lenker.php

maybe some hope race x2's or magura marta sls or kcnc x7's
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    just ordered some KCNC X7 brakes along with a kcnc headset spacer and topcap.

just need to order a chain and cassette still.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I havent seen any reviews on the kcnc brakes..........It'll be interesting to hear how they perform.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    it just may take a while before that happens :/
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    KCNC brakes showed up today! i think the front weighed 169 and rear 187g ashima rotors both 160mm are 87g and 85g so ill be adding weight there since the rear is an IS mount and has to use the 160mm.

it includes ti bolts for mounting and larger levers and biddies and fittings for trimming the hose.

prepping the garage for a yard sale so there isnt any room in there to get good pictures. but expect some by tonight.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Sweet! Lets see em!

I wonder why they arent more popular.........?

"They Call Me Bone'z"

some pretty bad shots.. when the garage is cleaned ill get some good shots for you allong with some of the other gizmo's for the bike..
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    bars 115g
    stem 97g
    front brake 169g
    rear brake 187g
    front shifter 84g +11g clamp..
    grips 20g

totals to 683g!

booyaa!

gonna order some quick release skewers that look just like tune but are unbranded.. still need to repaint the fork and order cassette and chain.
    RAH!

Wrench
    I have a question.

I see you are running a 1x9. What chain guide are you using?

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    its currently a paul components. i made one that was 14g but the band didn't stay secure. so i will hit the paul with a rotary tool and get its weight down
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    What are you going to do with the sette frame? Would you want to sell it, from your post it looks as if I would need to a new pivot bolt and shock but just curious if you would be willing to sell?

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    sold it a while ago. i had spare bolts for it

helped buy the brakes!
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    another goddie!
    RAH!

mtbr member
    What skewers are those if you don't mind?

The Cheater
    The grips are too heavy. The new 2011 Scott foam one is only 14gr a pair (weighted and confirmed myself). The XX cassette is 204gr.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails building up a Chinese hardtail.-scott-grip.jpg  

Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboyj17 View Post
    What skewers are those if you don't mind?
    My buddy sells them, they dont have a brand and he sells them around $60 i think. lighter then kcnc and cheaper. lever is just like tune but the plate it folds against is a lot bigger. pm me if you want his contact #.

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    The grips are too heavy. The new 2011 Scott foam one is only 14gr a pair (weighted and confirmed myself). The XX cassette is 204gr.
    i had the kcnc before and didn't like them much.. so im trying to stick with something i know i will like. i had esi's before and there awesome but to heavy for this build

im very happy with the build so far! considering some lighter rotors too..

i still dont know what size the mast topper is but the retailer told my that the non isp version uses a 31.6 post so if the mast has an inner diameter of 31.6 ill chop my kcnc post to sub 100mm and get some smud carbon thompson cradels and alloy bolts to help support the carbon railed saddle.
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    rear wheel cleaned up! damn temp. cheap steel cassette damaged the freehub so i had to clean it up..
    721g w/ yellow tape

835g w/ rotor, bolts and skewer.
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    frames in! should get most of it assembles today. pics to come soon.
    RAH!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast