Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "They Call Me Bone'z"

Chinese Hardtail build, internal cable mod(Pg 7)

so i decided my sette ace frame is is overdue.. the shock is leaking and i broke a pivot bolt a while ago so i have a carbon hardtail frame on order. the frame is has an ISM on it too.
    ill be changing a lot of things on my setup to hopefully build a nice race bike. so here are the planned specs/weights.

Brake: Hayes stroker grams............................................. .......................228/246
    Brake Rotor: kcnc razor 160/140............................................... ...............74/61
    Brake Rotor Bolts: 6ti 6blue alloy............................................. ................?
    Cables: powercords........................................ .........................................4g
    Cassette: 11-36(probubly XX)............................................... ................. .....?
    Chain: kmc sl10(or yaban)................................. .........................................240ish
    Crankset: extralite e bones w/ homebrewed 35t..........................................502+4 0
    Derlr (R): sram x.0 with afc pullys, alloy bolts + 09 med derailleur cage + carbon inner plate .......171g
    Fork: Magura durin sl+starnut........................................ ............................1357
    Frame: Carbon............................................ ..........................................hope fully low
    Grips: bonty xxx light)............................................ .................................20
    Handlebar: KCNC sc bone.(maybe something else at 620mm.......................115
    Headset: Not sure yet maybe kcnc.............................................. ..............?
    Pedals: Crank Bro's egg beater 2ti with ward axles.....................................182
    Seat: Bonty evoke carbon............................................ ... ........................144g
    Seatpost clamp: stock topper unless i have one made................................?
    Shifters: xx rear(doesn't have a clamp yet).............................................. ....80g
    Skewers: j&l flyweight (maybe quick release is in order..).............................32g
    Stem: rotor sl2 w steel bolts(stock bolts suck! ill order ti to get the weight back)..........96+10?
    Top cap/spacers: carbon and alloy bolt .................................................. ...12g
    Tire (Front): currently schwalbe roc ron performance 2.25.............................485
    Tire (Rear): kenda karma(best cheap xc rear tire ive ever ridden!)...................475
    Wheelset: 1305g
    Wheel Front: 592g
    Hub: Mack 32h Super Light Front ........80g!..........................80g!........ ........80(verified!)!!
    Rim: NoTubes ZTR Alpine .................................................. .......................326
    Spokes: DT 1.8's (because a stiff wheel is a better wheel) w/ nipple's............186
    Wheel Rear: 713g
    Hub: Mack 32h Super Light Rear.............................................. .................200g!
    Rim: NoTubes ZTR Alpine............................................ ............................. 327
    Spokes: DT 1.8's w/ nipples........................................... ..........................186
    Overall: should be 7900-8200g or 17.5lbs to 18.5lbs(an estimate)

bonty saddle good shape and should improve the comfort of the hardtail.

Homebrewed alloy 35t

Sram XX rear Shifter at 80g + powercord at 4g(im going to try and get one of those silly light plastic clamps that popped up not long ago)

Bonty XXX grips(love the diameter of them and lighter then ESI)

my modded x0 rear derailleur. i had a spare 9speed cage in med so i modified the mounting pin for the new style 10speed took a few days to do but its on! i bought it as a long cage but sincie its going to be a 1 by 10 it was not necessary(got a good deal on the bay) so i was able to use my existing 9 speed inner carbon plate too!

As some of the other parts come off my sette ill post more pics
    but there is how it was before taking parts off..

What do you guys think? should i change something else?
    Last edited by facelessfools; 05-15-2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: updated
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Looks like a nice race bike! The Bontrager saddle is awesome, very comfortable!
    I'd change the Seat mast for something lighter(KCNC, Tune, MCFK), the seat mast that usually come on the ebay frames are very heavy.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    one in blue might be nice

they tell me the mast size is 31.6 which doesnt make sense to me...
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    How much did the frame cost you?

ups and downs
    31.6mm is a pretty common seat post size
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by newnan3 View Post
    How much did the frame cost you?
    $410usd

Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    31.6mm is a pretty common seat post size
    thats what i have currently but the frame has a seatmast. so it requires a topper and i haven't been able to find a seatmast topper of that size.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Looks awesome, would look so much better imo with a black seatpost.
    That blue doesn't match anything on the bike and looks faded.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    New frame wont have it. The new frame will have an integrated seat post to it so it will be all black.

considering a
    http://mcfk.de/Produkte/Lenker.php

maybe some hope race x2's or magura marta sls or kcnc x7's
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    just ordered some KCNC X7 brakes along with a kcnc headset spacer and topcap.

just need to order a chain and cassette still.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I havent seen any reviews on the kcnc brakes..........It'll be interesting to hear how they perform.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    it just may take a while before that happens :/
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    KCNC brakes showed up today! i think the front weighed 169 and rear 187g ashima rotors both 160mm are 87g and 85g so ill be adding weight there since the rear is an IS mount and has to use the 160mm.

it includes ti bolts for mounting and larger levers and biddies and fittings for trimming the hose.

prepping the garage for a yard sale so there isnt any room in there to get good pictures. but expect some by tonight.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Sweet! Lets see em!

I wonder why they arent more popular.........?

"They Call Me Bone'z"

some pretty bad shots.. when the garage is cleaned ill get some good shots for you allong with some of the other gizmo's for the bike..
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    bars 115g
    stem 97g
    front brake 169g
    rear brake 187g
    front shifter 84g +11g clamp..
    grips 20g

totals to 683g!

booyaa!

gonna order some quick release skewers that look just like tune but are unbranded.. still need to repaint the fork and order cassette and chain.
    RAH!

Wrench
    I have a question.

I see you are running a 1x9. What chain guide are you using?

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    its currently a paul components. i made one that was 14g but the band didn't stay secure. so i will hit the paul with a rotary tool and get its weight down
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    What are you going to do with the sette frame? Would you want to sell it, from your post it looks as if I would need to a new pivot bolt and shock but just curious if you would be willing to sell?

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    sold it a while ago. i had spare bolts for it

helped buy the brakes!
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    another goddie!
    RAH!

mtbr member
    What skewers are those if you don't mind?

The Cheater
    The grips are too heavy. The new 2011 Scott foam one is only 14gr a pair (weighted and confirmed myself). The XX cassette is 204gr.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails building up a Chinese hardtail.-scott-grip.jpg  

Titux X Carbon 2010 race 9.93kg
    Titux X 2009 "Deore 2012" training 11.55kg

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboyj17 View Post
    What skewers are those if you don't mind?
    My buddy sells them, they dont have a brand and he sells them around $60 i think. lighter then kcnc and cheaper. lever is just like tune but the plate it folds against is a lot bigger. pm me if you want his contact #.

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    The grips are too heavy. The new 2011 Scott foam one is only 14gr a pair (weighted and confirmed myself). The XX cassette is 204gr.
    i had the kcnc before and didn't like them much.. so im trying to stick with something i know i will like. i had esi's before and there awesome but to heavy for this build

im very happy with the build so far! considering some lighter rotors too..

i still dont know what size the mast topper is but the retailer told my that the non isp version uses a 31.6 post so if the mast has an inner diameter of 31.6 ill chop my kcnc post to sub 100mm and get some smud carbon thompson cradels and alloy bolts to help support the carbon railed saddle.
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    rear wheel cleaned up! damn temp. cheap steel cassette damaged the freehub so i had to clean it up..
    721g w/ yellow tape

835g w/ rotor, bolts and skewer.
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    frames in! should get most of it assembles today. pics to come soon.
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    PHOTO EXTREME!
    1423g for the frame :/ heavier side of things but still a lot lighter then my old ace.

headset wasn't to bad at 84g

housings came in at 31g

RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    an updated list.. totaling up to 7131g unfinished.
    Still needs second cage, alloy bolts here and there, chain guide, topper, Chain, Cassette, and valves. Roughly 600g more without sealant.

Brake: KCNC X7............................................. .......................169/187
    Brake Rotor: kcnc Ashima 160............................................... ...............87/85
    Brake Rotor Bolts: 6ti 6blue alloy............................................. ................24
    Cables: powercords........................................ .........................................4g
    Bottle Cage:Karbona Wing.............................................. ..........................25g
    Cassette: 11-36 XX............................................... ................. .....?
    Chain: kmc sl10................................. .........................................?
    Crankset: extralite e bones .................................................. .......................502
    Chain Ring: Homebrewed 35t............................................... .........................40
    Bolts: Toronto........................................... .................................................. ...?
    Derlr (R): sram x.0 with afc pullys, alloy bolts + 09 med derailleur cage + carbon inner plate .......171g
    Fork: Magura durin sl+starnut........................................ ............................1357
    Frame: Carbon............................................ ..........................................1423
    Grips: bonty xxx light............................................ .................................20
    Handlebar: KCNC sc bone.............................................. ........................115
    Headset: China............................................. . .........................................84g
    Pedals: Crank Bro's egg beater 2ti with ward axles.....................................182
    Seat: Bonty evoke carbon............................................ ... ........................144g
    Seatpost clamp: Tune Cappy Blue.............................................. ....................?
    Shifters: xx rear.............................................. ...................................... ....91g
    Skewers: TI w/ Carbon Handle............................................ ........................43
    Stem: rotor sl2 .................................................. .................................97g
    Top cap/spacers: MSC and KCNC .................................................. ...?
    Tire (Front): currently schwalbe roc ron performance 2.25.............................485
    Tire (Rear): kenda karma(best cheap xc rear tire ive ever ridden!)...................475
    Hub: Mack 32h Super Light Front ........80g!..........................80g!........ ........80(verified!)!!
    Rim: NoTubes ZTR Alpine .................................................. .......................326
    Spokes: DT 1.8's (because a stiff wheel is a better wheel) w/ nipple's............186
    Hub: Mack 32h Super Light Rear.............................................. .................200g!
    Rim: NoTubes ZTR Alpine............................................ ............................. 327
    Spokes: DT 1.8's w/ nipples........................................... ..........................186
    Rim tape.............................................. .................................................1 6g
    Valves Blue alloy............................................. ....................................?
    RAH!

mtbr member
    friggin sweeeeet!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Nice parts spec.

Aesthetically, I'd paint the fork gloss black. Also, don't get anymore colored chains...stick to silver. Your Sette Ace made me think you're colorblind to some degree. Mixing random shades of the same color....

mtbr member
    Sexy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Nice build, which model frame did you get?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    How much did you pay for the KCNC brakes if you dont mind me asking?

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle2834 View Post
    Nice parts spec.

Aesthetically, I'd paint the fork gloss black. Also, don't get anymore colored chains...stick to silver. Your Sette Ace made me think you're colorblind to some degree. Mixing random shades of the same color....
    as for the mixed blue's.. not all anodizing are the same. i didn't realize the blue of the kcnc post or alligator housings were going to be so light in color. it was upsetting to see them clash..

although the kcnc post is gone and the kcnc spacers will probably go too. i looked into nokon housings as the blue will match much better but there way to overpriced.

As for the white fork it's going to stay white. but probably get some stickers.

the frame is model#: FM016-SPL

Brakes came from: http://www.kingbarcelona.com/en/kcnc...et-p-6990.html

cassette should be in transit from china(XX off ebay), Tune Cappy in blue, blue alloy valves, and kmc chain are comming from R2 just ordered those yesterday. may get POP's spacers from fairwheel and a topcap too.

Anyone got any other ideas? i'll probubly race on a karma/ ron or ralph combo or ralphs f and r.
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    work on the chainguide began..

planned 25g final product. will hopefully have a few in production eventually.

so here are some photos of the process

back mounting bracket

how the screws fit

how it sits on the frame(rotate 90deg.)

the weight so far

the now navy blue bolts
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    as it sits in the picture it weighs in at 15g. i see it as possible to produce a minimalist style guide at 16/17g but this one will be around 25g and bulletproof.

RAH!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Very interesting design! Can't wait to see how it ends up!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    haha! I saw these photos on facebook cause eliflap was tagged in them.. I was desperately trying to find more photos, should have know to check here first... good job, It looks awesome.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    ha! well the construction is going smoothly. although this guide will not have an adjustable distance but future ones will.be adjustable.
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    more photo's! booyaa! will use this concept for adjustable distance(using spacers)

RAH!

mtbr member
    Very nice build!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    thanks! still waiting on my seat topper and chain from R2 to make the bike rideable
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"

a new goodie! were a team mates, he hated the harmonics so ill give em a shot
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    got the 1.5mm thick carbon and began fork on the guide section. the spacer has a extension that runs along side the screw that holds the two plates. the plates will get a different design to accommodate the high mount style of the frame. should finish it up tomorrow. will probably be 26g.

RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"

weighing in at 24g as pictured! i'll probably remake the square plates since these ones aren't as appealing as they could be.. maybe a logo?

the design changed since when i tool'd the nylon block that holds the guide it let the cage flex. sitting like this there is less flex in the design.

seem's sturdy on the bike but wont know how strong it is till it's tested.
    RAH!

MaLóŚ˘*size=
    man, get a single ring chain guide, or put a front deraulier with no cable. this thing yo are trying to build is pure crap, honestly.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    sorry if it's offended you but i'm going to make it work. i'll build up a second one that will have the errors of this one fixed.
    RAH!

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by facelessfools View Post
    PHOTO EXTREME!
    1423g for the frame :/ heavier side of things but still a lot lighter then my old ace.

Nice brew below the baby expansion chamber
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    it was good enough to keep that expansion chamber was for a 2stroke rc car.
    RAH!

The Cheater
    I'm curious, how much was this frame again? Cuz the Hylix ht uses the same high modulus carbon as their handlebar and it doesn't have the old school weaved carbon that's prone to cracking. The Hylix is only $555 at claimed 1250gr.

Hylix carbon MTB/Mountain bike frame-XC/15~21"-1250g | eBay

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    mine was $500 shipped.
    if mine cracks i may send it for repair or just order a sette frame from pricepoint.
    its supposed to have a one year warranty too.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    I'm curious, how much was this frame again? Cuz the Hylix ht uses the same high modulus carbon as their handlebar and it doesn't have the old school weaved carbon that's prone to cracking. The Hylix is only $555 at claimed 1250gr.

Hylix carbon MTB/Mountain bike frame-XC/15~21"-1250g | eBay
    $555 is at the high end of the price spectrum for these frames. Geometry is pretty weird on that one, 23.7" top tube on a XL frame? That's shorter than the average size L frame in the US. A bit porky too at 3.2lbs.
    The 3k weave on the outside of the frame is generally considered cosmetic.

The Cheater
    Quote Originally Posted by strader View Post
    $555 is at the high end of the price spectrum for these frames. Geometry is pretty weird on that one, 23.7" top tube on a XL frame? That's shorter than the average size L frame in the US. A bit porky too at 3.2lbs.
    The 3k weave on the outside of the frame is generally considered cosmetic.
    Having seen other chinese carbon handlebars, the Hylix bar is by far stronger and thicker so I'm assuming their frame would be the same since it's touted to use the same carbon as the bar.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    we shall see, as i have heard there are only a handful of facilities that produce these frames so generally the quality isn't poor. in the pictures i posted you can see the imperfections in the cosmetic layer.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    So whats the verdict on the brakes?

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    none yet... r2 bike hasn't shipped the last of the parts yet...

although i refined the chainguide to use the bb spacer as a mount. 17g i could get up picks?
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"

RAH!

mtbr member
    Nice! That's not a bad frame weight, considering the price and the integrated seat mast. That's a measure 10 times and cut once affair. Hey, nice little story in MBA!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    Nice! That's not a bad frame weight, considering the price and the integrated seat mast. That's a measure 10 times and cut once affair. Hey, nice little story in MBA!
    They gave me another bikerack to test, it uses suction cups to mount to your car! its way cool but i haven't tested it yet

the frame weight isn't to bad. as it sits at 10lbs 4oz thats with everything except: wheels, chain, mast topper, and saddle
    RAH!

mtbr member
    They gave me another bikerack to test, it uses suction cups to mount to your car! its way cool but i haven't tested it yet

the frame weight isn't to bad. as it sits at 10lbs 4oz thats with everything except: wheels, chain, mast topper, and saddle
    That would be very cool if it worked. Kinda scary if it didn't.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    That would be very cool if it worked. Kinda scary if it didn't.
    Sea Sucker Bike Rack « Create > Copy.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Let me know how the testing goes!

ride hard take risks
    That rack looks scary but hay so do I
    Formotion Products

ride hard take risks
    Let me know how the testing goes!
    Is that a pic of the original San Andres
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    yep

ride hard take risks
    yep
    Sweet I thought that pic looked familiar. Shaums March kicked arz on that bad boy
    Formotion Products

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr View Post
    That rack looks scary but hay so do I
    It does... the suction cups release easily just by lifting the cup but the rack it so firm to the car if you shake it you cant physically pull it off
    RAH!

ride hard take risks
    It does... the suction cups release easily just by lifting the cup but the rack it so firm to the car if you shake it you cant physically pull it off
    80mph G force posted 35mph off ramp corners
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    I would like to try one of those. I always wanted to buy a roof rack for my Mini Cooper, but there is just not a good way to attach one to the roof. There are a couple companies that make one, but I don't really like how they attach.

One thing I am wondering: How can you lock your bike to the rack? A bike can be locked to a normal hard mounted rack.

ride hard take risks
    I would like to try one of those. I always wanted to buy a roof rack for my Mini Cooper, but there is just not a good way to attach one to the roof. There are a couple companies that make one, but I don't really like how they attach.

One thing I am wondering: How can you lock your bike to the rack? A bike can be locked to a normal hard mounted rack.
    LoL I put a hitch on my Miata with a Sportsworks an 2 DH bikes on back front end was very light through the corners made for some fun

Coopers are known to flip at autocross you may have the same fun but side to side, weeee
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Nevermind, I found it on Youtube.

SeaSucker Bike Rack Intro - YouTube

Did you start a tread just for this rack?

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Nevermind, I found it on Youtube.

SeaSucker Bike Rack Intro - YouTube

Did you start a tread just for this rack?
    no thread yet. haven't really used it yet. it actually features a opening for a lock so the bike cant be removed from the rack but you could always just take both. more of a burden for anyone who would steel it..

this is the model i have Talon - SeaSucker
    RAH!

mtbr member
    How did you get one to test? I would like to test one also. I think you should start a thread about it, if MTBR is ok with it. A lot of people would be interested in this.

Dang, I still need to get that brake bleed screw from you.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    i'm testing it for MB action.

the parts are finally on there way from Germany! the bike should be ready to ride next week!
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Right on! And, Right on!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    ba boom!

what a ride!
    so far the brakes have a lot of potential descent modulation and power. the pads haven't bedded yet either. with the ashima in front and scrub rear both are working well.

I have to add a layer of carbon fabric so the tune cappy fits properly. it's a hair to big for the mast but that was intended, since i can fix that. right now there is just tape on the mast to take up the gap

pop's head set spacers are the perfect color too! i want a fairwheel top cap to match it with

alloy valves with purly collars are different blues but they will have to do :/

Chainguide worked just fine! it extends a little to far back so it rubbed a tad but later in the ride it felt fine.

conti xkings felt great but a bit overkill for socal summer i think. more pics to come after i clean up the garage.
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Double posted..
    Last edited by facelessfools; 09-19-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    totaled up to 17lbs 6oz heres the list. need to get a scrub rotor warrantied hopefully i can and drop a few more grams there

Brake: KCNC X7............................................. .......................169/187
    Brake Rotor: kcnc Ashima 160............................................... ...............87/58
    Brake Rotor Bolts: 6ti 6blue alloy............................................. ................24
    Bottle Cage:Karbona Wing x2.............................................. ...................51g
    Cassette: 11-36 XX............................................... ................. .................210g
    Chain: kmc sl10................................. .........................................?
    Crankset: extralite e bones .................................................. .......................502
    Chain Ring: Homebrewed 35t............................................... .........................40
    Bolts: Toronto........................................... .................................................. ...?
    Frame: Carbon............................................ ..........................................1423
    Grips: bonty xxx light............................................ .................................20
    Handlebar: KCNC sc bone.............................................. ........................115
    Headset: China............................................. . .........................................84g
    Seatpost clamp: Tune Cappy Blue.............................................. ................72g
    Shifters: xx rear.............................................. ...................................... ....91g
    Skewers: TI w/ Carbon Handle............................................ ........................43
    Stem: rotor sl2 .................................................. .................................97g
    Top cap/spacers: MSC and pops(5mm,10mm).................................... .....6+4=10g
    Tire (Front): Conti. Xking 2.2 pacestar.......................................... .............485g
    Tire (Rear): Conti. Xking 2.2 pacestar.......................................... ..............484g
    Rim tape:............................................. . .................................................1 6g
    Valves: Blue alloy + purly collars....................................... ........................8g
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Very nice build! Nice weight too!

How do you like those Mack hubs? Any issue's with them?

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by COLINx86 View Post
    Very nice build! Nice weight too!

How do you like those Mack hubs? Any issue's with them?
    flawless! they were an awesome investment!
    just after i recieved them extralite released there newest hubset that are available in blue so that was saddening but, the macks are working smooth still so im happy. plus there a rarity, ive seen the extralites and ya there cool but mine were made to order
    RAH!

"They Call Me Bone'z"

RAH!

ride hard take risks
    Lovin the stand
    Formotion Products

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    some how i know you'd say that
    RAH!

ride hard take risks
    Awesome to see my addition to your link
    Formotion Products

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Raced it today! the bike was awesome! super fast but it suffered a flat in the bumpy singletrack and a broken AFC pulley! the pulley separated from its bearing allowing it to shift over enough for the chain to wedge between it and the plates to the day was plagued by not being able to shift and having to get off and re set the chain.
    so i think its going to get some KCNC pulleys soon.

the rear brake with the scrub rotor woke up today too! it offers amazing control. it modulated really well and felt good. it lacked the sheer bite to lock the rear which i feel helped keep the bike planted not having to worry about sliding. there were some steep dives into turns that the brakes sloed the bike nicely.

so far i feel the kcnc brakes were an awesome buy! with the stock rotor in the front its firm and powerfull with an awesome feel to the lever. the rear with a scrub setup is smooth and consistent. not stong bite but super smooth.(maybe the pads will bed in more and it will get more bite)

so far i dont like how hard they are to keep from rubbing. they have a very fine gap between the rotor which with the IS rear has been a pain but its finally set well. and the levers are flexy but they feel comfortable and offer a fast return. (i always hated the slow return of the levers my strokers had)
    RAH!

ride hard take risks
    Gots ta love teething probs, Ride On
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have experienced the same thing with AFC pulley. The top one - closer to the cassette. After I apllied some fine two compound epoxy, it works again. But I don't think I will buy them again.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joza View Post
    I have experienced the same thing with AFC pulley. The top one - closer to the cassette. After I apllied some fine two compound epoxy, it works again. But I don't think I will buy them again.
    i had it happen to a toronto cycles one too and epoxy fixed that. ill probubly inspect the afc's and fix them for the road bike.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    (i always hated the slow return of the levers my strokers had)
    Especially the rear brake.

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    Especially the rear brake.
    they still work well though! i found more pads too
    RAH!

mtbr member
    they still work well though! i found more pads too
    Yeah, I put some new pads in and they work really good. The slow lever dosn't seem to effect the braking. I lubed it and that didn't help, but I'm not really worried about it.

The pads that you found, are they pretty new?

ride hard take risks
    Yeah, I put some new pads in and they work really good. The slow lever dosn't seem to effect the braking. I lubed it and that didn't help, but I'm not really worried about it.

The pads that you found, are they pretty new?
    Did you pop the circlip to pull the piston up and lube the seal?
    Formotion Products

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    didn't you use bic pens springs in yours?
    RAH!

ride hard take risks
    LoL I cant keep up with some of the things iv done, I do remember saying that about something though
    Formotion Products

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    i think you told me at the otter? but hey its a awesome idea!
    RAH!

mtbr member
    No, but if you tell me how, I'll do it. I need to bleed them anyway, Actually
    I'll just push all new fluid through. What can I lube the piston with? And how far do I need to pull it out?

mtbr member
    How does that work?

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    How does that work?
    he removed the original springs in his for springs he pulled out of pens.
    RAH!

ride hard take risks
    No, but if you tell me how, I'll do it. I need to bleed them anyway, Actually
    I'll just push all new fluid through. What can I lube the piston with? And how far do I need to pull it out?
    Call or email Hayes Support | Hayes Disc Brake they will send you the proper lube. They have instructions with the lube kit, pretty simple. Flip the master/lever so its facing up, remove the lever look below into the piston area their is a circlip that needs to come out then carefully pull the shaft an piston up enough to apply the lube. If your slick you wont need to bleed but if its up in age flush with fresh fluid as you said you needed any way.
    Formotion Products

"They Call Me Bone'z"
    ver. 2 chainguide.

25g on my scale. has an adjustable range should fit up to 38-32t easy. to adjust the outward from the frame you just have to trim the spacers( right now they extend out as far as the 3rd ring would on my extralight.
    RAH!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Nice!

Looks like you could trim up the back plate and save a couple more grams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast