Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Brake question: Hope Mini rotors w/ Formula Brakes?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AZ-X 
#1 · (Edited)
I know that people like 1Speed_Mike have owned both Hope Minis and B4s (some of you at the same time on different bikes,,,). My question is: can you use Hope Mini 160mm and 140mm rotors with B4 calipers without issues? Are one set of rotors thicker than the other? Will there be squeeling or rubbing issues?

Thanks for any info!

*Edit: I should probably ask this on the brake forum, eh? :)

#3 ·
AZ-X said:
I know that people like 1Speed_Mike have owned both Hope Minis and B4s (some of you at the same time on different bikes,,,). My question is: can you use Hope Mini 160mm and 140mm rotors with B4 calipers without issues? Are one set of rotors thicker than the other? Will there be squeeling or rubbing issues?

Thanks for any info!

I've got B4 SL+ and Mono Minis right now...I'll measure the 4 rotors today and will post back on their dimensions. The Mono Mini's rotors are much different than the previous Minis rotors. As Eric indicated, the Mini rotor was thicker than the B4 and Mono Mini rotors, so that may be an issue.

#4 ·
AZ-X said:

Thanks for any info!

I guess I should ask the question....why? The Hope Mini rotors are much heavier than the B4 rotors.

#5 ·
Thanks for checking, Mike.

I will have 2 wheel sets, one with full sized tires and one with 1" slicks for the road and trainer, and I can get the Mini rotors much cheaper than the Formula rotors for the second wheelset.

1speed_Mike said:
I guess I should ask the question....why? The Hope Mini rotors are much heavier than the B4 rotors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.