SUBLIM8er

Ax-morpheus Crankset?

Does anyone have any real-world info on this crankset. It was rumored to be somewhat available in mid-May.

System weightt: 375 grams, complete with (standard steel) bearings and bearing cups
    Material: Carbon-Prepreg in autoclaving
    Oversize 30 mm hollow aluminium spindle with proprietary multi-tooth profile:
    the spindle easily withstands powers of 500 Nm as being put out by good sports cars
    External bearings with a wide bearing stance of 85 mm (in BSA version) for maximum stiffness and durability
    modular system for highest possible flexibility
    Bolt circle diameters:
    Compact Road BCD110
    MTB Double BCD104x4 (in preparation)
    Standard Road BCD130 (in planning)
    Bottom bracket standards:
    BSA 68 mm
    BB30 (in preparation)
    PressFit (in planning)
    integrated extractor
    Interchangeable aluminium pedal inserts, that are included in the scope of delivery, for a fast, uncomplicated length adaption:
    lengths of 170, 172.5, 175 mm are freely and independantly adjustable between right and left side
    all several parts are available separately:
    - various spindles for different bottom bracket standards
    - Exchangeable crank arms, for instance for standard / compact
    - the attached alu parts (bottom bearing cups, crank bolt, extractor, pedal inserts) are available in different colours (and also as update)
    embossed AX-logo integrated into the side of the crank arm
    no exterior clamping integrated into the crank arms, but instead a positive connection with an ascending multi-tooth profile:
    as a result as homogenous as possible stiffnesses between the left and right side
    DIN tested
    deflection of 1.5 mm at a pedal force of 1800 N / 1600 watts
    Q-factor: 152 mm
    low "U-factor" for a high knuckle and heel clearance
    chainstay clearance: 125mm
    rider weight limit: 110 kg
    preorders are officially opened and follow the FiFo-principle:
    please send your preorder to nils.wiedemann@ax-lightness.de
    Delivery starting from midst April 2010
    Price: ca. 890.00 Eur
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ax-morpheus Crankset?-ax%2520morpheus%2520crankset_small_42092.jpg  

Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    William S. Burroughs

Go faster!

That's the only real photo I've seen so far.
    I would love to use a triple.

mtbr member
    I would stick with a Clavicula instead. AX products way are too fragile and not really meant to be ridden (maybe except for their saddles and seatposts). I've been using the AX MTB stem and got nothing but problems. My stem has been replaced twice already and now it's cracked. AX say they will replace it my stem because it's still under warranty but didn't hear from them or Nils for almost a month now. Very bad customer service in my opinion!
    Last edited by wrxsti08; 06-29-2010 at 03:31 PM.