Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    bike rider
    Reputation: mattkock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,030

    Ashley Olson covered in Filth!

    Here are a few pics of my baby after a rainy ride at Walnut Creek in Austin, Texas and one jumping (if you want to call it that) picture on a sunny day at Walnut Creek. No one ever wants to get off and take action shots but I'm going to force someone next time.





    I always tell people that 14lb. bikes Love to fly but Hate to land so I try to never get her more than 18" above the ground.





    Last edited by mattkock; 04-05-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

  2. #2
    Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Reputation: DeeEight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,575
    Dude...you're not a waif and those are a lot of proven fragile parts on that thing.

  3. #3
    bike rider
    Reputation: mattkock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,030
    202lbs with gear and the bike gets beaten up 3-5 times a week since I built it March 2009 so I think it's OK but just out of curiousity, which of my parts are proven fragile?
    Last edited by mattkock; 04-05-2010 at 10:51 AM.
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    247
    Hey I'm almost a waif and live an hour southwest of you so if you have to give the bike away let me know. (all joking aside... nice...I've never ridden a 14 lbs. bike even on the road)

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    511
    I believe he's referring to the Cranks, personally I've never seen a set actually being used.

    The rims maybe?? Are they Sun UFO? I don't know many other rims that came in that color or stayed true.

    And the Fork, is it a sibex/spicer fork? Seen many a busted one of those.

  6. #6
    Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Reputation: DeeEight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,575
    The fork, the rims, those brakes, and is that a KCNC seatpost I see? You're definitely over the design weight for those.

    But no not the cranks, those are sweet wings... not Morati's... though they look similar to titanium because of the nickle plating.

  7. #7
    bike rider
    Reputation: mattkock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,030
    The fork is a Spicer and I've seen some pictures of broken ones but I've also seen Ferraris wrapped around trees, I think it's how you use it (ride bad, break fork). The rims are Mavic X517 (in Citron) from the 90s and there isn't a weight limit on them. (the wheelset is over 6 years old) Brakes are prone to failures? Anyone ever broken a V-Brake? Let me know if that's ever even happened, EVER. It is a KCNC post on there but I've never seen, read or heard of a weight limit on one.

    I guess I'll just keep on enjoying this bike until one day it just explodes on me. Poof! It always interests me how much people I don't know and don't ride with care about my component choices (purple levers are stupid). Everyone stay away from mtbr.com come June because I plan on blowing up the WW froum with pictures of my 13lb Niner Air 9 Carbon build. And yes, I'll be beating the piss out of that one too.

    Rovertd, if I do good at the WSOP this year then the bike is yours, how tall are you?
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

  8. #8
    Illuminati
    Reputation: scant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,581
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkock

    I guess I'll just keep on enjoying this bike until one day it just explodes on me. Poof!
    dont take it personally. I weigh 138lbs & dont ride anything as light as parts as you do.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Dude...you're not a waif and those are a lot of proven fragile parts on that thing.
    Cut the guy some slack ...he's surely one smooth-as-a-babys-behind rider. I applaud the bike and the build.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: scooter916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,269
    sweet build, what brakes are those? also the washers on the front brake drive side aren't on properly
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkock
    The fork is a Spicer and I've seen some pictures of broken ones but I've also seen Ferraris wrapped around trees, I think it's how you use it (ride bad, break fork). The rims are Mavic X517 (in Citron) from the 90s and there isn't a weight limit on them. (the wheelset is over 6 years old) Brakes are prone to failures? Anyone ever broken a V-Brake? Let me know if that's ever even happened, EVER. It is a KCNC post on there but I've never seen, read or heard of a weight limit on one.

    I guess I'll just keep on enjoying this bike until one day it just explodes on me. Poof! It always interests me how much people I don't know and don't ride with care about my component choices (purple levers are stupid). Everyone stay away from mtbr.com come June because I plan on blowing up the WW froum with pictures of my 13lb Niner Air 9 Carbon build. And yes, I'll be beating the piss out of that one too.

    Rovertd, if I do good at the WSOP this year then the bike is yours, how tall are you?
    Since you are such a "hot" rider just think of how much faster you could be if you pushed away early from the dinner table once in awhile. You may very well be a fast rider but you don't look like you are (you don't look like the pro mtb'ers/roadies I encounter who are clearly all sub 10% body fat...).

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: scooter916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate
    Since you are such a "hot" rider just think of how much faster you could be if you pushed away early from the dinner table once in awhile. You may very well be a fast rider but you don't look like you are (you don't look like the pro mtb'ers/roadies I encounter who are clearly all sub 10% body fat...).

    Why do you care how much he weighs? form all his posts I don't think he wants to be a "Pro" MTB or roadie, he likes to ride in his free time.

    I'm sure you're no lightweight either
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuzzbl
    aluminium has a tendency to fail when you need it most. i.e. you end up with a bad day.

  13. #13
    bike rider
    Reputation: mattkock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,030
    You're correct, I don't want to be a Pro Rider, I used to be a Pro Rider about 5 years and 40lbs ago. I'm 39 years old and in February 2006 I had a horrible accident that put me off the bike until January 2009. I'll probably never race again but man do I LOVE to ride! My last race win was the Texas State Championship Downhill Expert/Pro that I won in 2005 or maybe it was 2004, many, many years ago. I'm trying to lose the weight but it comes off WAY slower than it goes on, I'll tell you what. I don't see why it bothers people so much that I ride a stupid light bike. I love having unusual and light stuff and I have the pockets to support it, sue me. I'm not really fat, I'd post a shirtless pic but that may be the gayest thing ever, and I own a Hair Salon so I know Gay. Nod to all my Gay employees. I just got home from a great ride with a great group of people and not one of them said, "Man that crazy light bike is going to break on you". Like I said before, it's now over a year old and working like a champ. I am suspicious of the 29er Stans Race wheels that are going on my 13lb Air 9 Carbon. At the start of Lent i was 201lbs. naked and since stopping drinking soft drinks I'm down to 189lbs so hopefully by the time my frame gets here in June I'll be closer to 175ish. Either way I'll Love my new bike as much as this one whether you do or not.

    Oh and Thanks GlazedHam, I may not cry about it, I may just keep on riding and Loving this bike. I think MessagefromTate may have a crush on me that's why he cares so much what I weigh.

    Scooter916, the brakes are Orgins and they only come in black but the shop I ride for strips them and custom anodizes them any color. They feel kinda flimsy in your hand but have good modulation and are stupid light. Thanks for catching the washer snafoo.
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate
    Since you are such a "hot" rider just think of how much faster you could be if you pushed away early from the dinner table once in awhile. You may very well be a fast rider but you don't look like you are (you don't look like the pro mtb'ers/roadies I encounter who are clearly all sub 10% body fat...).

    Moderator - please delete this post - we don't need any personal attacks here.

  15. #15
    bike rider
    Reputation: mattkock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,030
    Thanks Eric, I can take it.
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,429
    Nice bike Matt. Good to see some light stuff in action.

  17. #17
    a.k.a. MTBMaven
    Reputation: mtnfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,703
    Nice pic but I was expecting to see a hot chick covered in dirt.
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    Nice pic but I was expecting to see a hot chick covered in dirt.
    +1, disappointment was inevitable.

    No offense OP.
    ***

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    865
    Don't be such a hata, 'tater. Do I sense some bike envy?

    Good to see a light weight build that is getting some real world use, and is apparently standing up to it well too. 10lbs less than my XC bike - wonder how that would ride on the trail?

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible
    Don't be such a hata, 'tater. Do I sense some bike envy?

    Good to see a light weight build that is getting some real world use, and is apparently standing up to it well too. 10lbs less than my XC bike - wonder how that would ride on the trail?
    Did I say anything about his bike build? If I wanted that bike I could easily afford to build it.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,769
    Quote Originally Posted by MessagefromTate
    Did I say anything about his bike build? If I wanted that bike I could easily afford to build it.
    We are all duly impressed.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    247

    Good luck

    Quote Originally Posted by mattkock
    The fork is a Spicer and I've seen some pictures of broken ones but I've also seen Ferraris wrapped around trees, I think it's how you use it (ride bad, break fork). The rims are Mavic X517 (in Citron) from the 90s and there isn't a weight limit on them. (the wheelset is over 6 years old) Brakes are prone to failures? Anyone ever broken a V-Brake? Let me know if that's ever even happened, EVER. It is a KCNC post on there but I've never seen, read or heard of a weight limit on one.

    I guess I'll just keep on enjoying this bike until one day it just explodes on me. Poof! It always interests me how much people I don't know and don't ride with care about my component choices (purple levers are stupid). Everyone stay away from mtbr.com come June because I plan on blowing up the WW froum with pictures of my 13lb Niner Air 9 Carbon build. And yes, I'll be beating the piss out of that one too.

    Rovertd, if I do good at the WSOP this year then the bike is yours, how tall are you?
    For media releases and scouting, I'm 5'11". On the internet I'm 6'1". In real life I'm 5'9".

    Play tight early it is all about survival. Don't bluff a small stack. Obviously if you lose it'll be due to a "bad beat".

    Weight loss: don't give up french fries, cheese cake, chicken fried steak, etc... forever. Just pass on the current offering. Denying yourself one is a hell of a lot easier than "never forever". I went from a not fat 179 to 149. Now I hang out at about 152.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    We are all duly impressed.
    As I am by your listing of the number of bikes you have in another thread.

  24. #24
    bike rider
    Reputation: mattkock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,030
    Rovertd, thanks for the advice. The last time I played the Main Event I got knocked out by trying to bluff Elky Grospellier before I (or many people) knew who he was, now I know. I'm also 5'9" so if I do good the bike is yours. Since you're not that far you should meet me and my buddies somewhere (Warda, RHR, Comfort, Pace Bend, Walnut Creek, etc.) some weekend. The more the merrier. Looks like it's going to be Warda this Sunday if you want to come along.
    I got some pretty decent Niners!

  25. #25
    ~Disc~Golf~
    Reputation: highdelll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,336
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    Nice pic but I was expecting to see a hot chick covered in dirt.
    well, a google search with "ashley olsen dirty" came up with this, sooo...


    Honestly... ahh I give up

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •